Menu

The beach is actually okay!

:tongue_smilie: Really, I'm not a beach person so I was nervous about this weekend. But all in all, I've had a good time. It was nice to just relax in a lounge chair in the shade and listen to an audiobook. Now we're in the room watching a dvd. We leave in the morning to go home. To face the hole in the ceiling. (previous post about an attic mishap with the and DH's foot. )

We saw someone setting up for a wedding on the beach. The guy carved a large heart in the sand, set up two pedestals with flowers and spread rose petals all in the heart. I guess that is where the bride & groom will stand during the ceremony. Maybe it was held as the sun was going down. We didn't stay to see what happened. :)

Oh man, I love the beach. I love the tacky little beach stores and getting sand in my hair and the saltwater and the shells and the shrimp and dinner at Capt. Dave's and margueritas and iPods hanging from my beach umbrella and sand sculptures. And the sound flip flops make. And the beach bags and t shirts. Oh, and the kids doing crazy things like para sailing and bunge jumping. Deep sea fishing. Ahh.

And those little race cars at The Track and the fact that I can beat the pants off my kids every time! And miniature golf. And laughing at babies playing in the sand. And the cheesy Gulfarium. And the fish that nibble on you when you float. And screaming and scrambling out of the water when someone mistakes a dolphin for a shark. And how good the water in the pools feel after you've been in saltwater all day. And the jewelry lady who sells silver charms on anklets.

Oh man, I love the beach. I love the tacky little beach stores and getting sand in my hair and the saltwater and the shells and the shrimp and dinner at Capt. Dave's and margueritas and iPods hanging from my beach umbrella and sand sculptures. And the sound flip flops make. And the beach bags and t shirts. Oh, and the kids doing crazy things like para sailing and bunge jumping. Deep sea fishing. Ahh.

Exactly! I grew up on the beach. While I appreciate the beauty around me here in the mountains, boy do I miss it. The smell of the ocean smells like home, and the sound of a boat motor sounds like home. I can't wait to get there in June.

Night Elf, I'm glad you've enjoyed your time off.

Exactly! I grew up on the beach. While I appreciate the beauty around me here in the mountains, boy do I miss it. The smell of the ocean smells like home, and the sound of a boat motor sounds like home. I can't wait to get there in June.

Night Elf, I'm glad you've enjoyed your time off.

Yeah, and I love the awful smell down on the wharfs of fish and boats. And walking up and down the beach at night and listening to all the Jimmy Buffet wannabes singing. When I was a kid we used to be able to buy shrimp right off the boats in the late afternoons but now you have to go to a store.

My sisters and I used to have "see who can find the wildest pair of earrings while we're at the beach" contests.

The last two years we've been to Destin, my very favorite spot, but I don't think we'll make it this year.

Arg. You are making me very homesick. I agree with every word.

And those little race cars at The Track and the fact that I can beat the pants off my kids every time! And miniature golf. And laughing at babies playing in the sand. And the cheesy Gulfarium. And the fish that nibble on you when you float. And screaming and scrambling out of the water when someone mistakes a dolphin for a shark. And how good the water in the pools feel after you've been in saltwater all day. And the jewelry lady who sells silver charms on anklets.

Ditto for round two.

:iagree::iagree:

And my little boys walking funny because of all the sand in their pants:D

And the freckles! And the Coppertone smells....and seagulls squawking, and sandpipers hopping.....

Love it. Glad you had a nic time:D

Are you talking about Capt. Daves in Destin? Love that place!

Destin is where we went. The trip was much too short. For some reason, my brain just didn't factor in the driving to and from Destin so two of our 3 days were spent driving. I almost feel that what we did was worse than not going at all. Dd14 was so very upset today because she didn't get enough beach time.

I'm seriously considering taking her to a beach somewhere else. We live in North GA so getting to a beach isn't exactly easy. Ds15 was so miserable that I don't want him to have to go back. I am thinking of a girls only trip and taking both dd19 and dd14. Stacia suggested Charleston, SC. I might look into that for later this summer.

My backyard is a beach. I am not a beach lover, but my DH loves it. Nonetheless, I love the birds. And I get excited when winter brings different species back home.

If you want to do a girls trip from north Georgia, and you have a week, I would go to south Florida. It is just so much more beautiful than Destin or south Carolina.

:)

We just got back from Myrtle Beach! It was absolutely heavenly. The weather wasn't too hot, some clouds, a beautiful storm one night, the super moon over the water, so relaxing. We got all kinds of silly mementos. I am proud to say that I wore a bathing suit for the first time in 30 YEARS! Thanks, P90X. Got a fake spray on tan, too. My dh was as frisky as a newlywed. :D We're making plans for a fall trip, too!

Are you talking about Capt. Daves in Destin? Love that place!

YES!!! And the jewelry lady that sells in the front part of Capt's, I've been buying her stuff since I was 17. Now dh buys for me. I've got a silver anklet with her beach charms that I love, love, love!