Menu

What do you get your moms for Mother's Day?

I like the photo collage idea above. My grandma lives 17 hours away so I usually end up sending her a gift card or something.

MIL it just varies. We have an arts & crafts festival type thing here about a week before mother's day, and we usually find her something there - jewelry, candles, something.

This year we had a deteriorating portrait of my great-grandmother digitally redone. The portrait (charcoal on paper) can't be saved so I found a graphic artist who scanned it, fixed it (brought it back to life!), and I printed it out and put it in a vintage-feel frame. I try to do something having to do with memories for my mom.

In the past I have framed favorite pictures of the two of us and made photo albums for her.

My MIL is a bit harder. My dh usually just gets her a card. If I'm in charge that year I try to get her something she needs-clothes, a new purse. She's tough to shop for!

graphic artist who scanned it, fixed it (brought it back to life!),

That's what my husband does for a living!:001_smile: He fixed a fabulous pic of my mom with Jimmy Stewart that she had made when she was a model way back in the day. It had been badly water damaged. So cool! I'd love to find some pics of my Grandma to have my DH turn from photo to portrait, but since we don't live near my mom, I don't have access to her boxes of photos.

I will have to think of something else. Maybe a pic of the kids he can turn into a watercolor painting.

Plant for MIL probably. She has the greenest thumb of anyone I know.

My mother's birthday is in May also so we normally give her a hanging plant for Mother's Day and I take her out for lunch for her birthday. Dh's mother passed away when we were dating and we have no grandmother's left so my mom is the only one we buy for.

I am planning on giving my dil's a plant this year too, I really appreciate the wonderful mother's that they are to my grandchildren.