Menu

severe weather anticipated this weekend...

Great Plains WTM'ers--be sure to check your local forecast. It looks like most of us are going to be in the path of very severe weather. Our local forecasts are telling us that we're likely to have baseball sized hail, 70 mph winds, and tornadoes.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/strong-storms-tornadoes-this-weekend_2012-04-12

I seen that when I was checking the weather for tomorrow. Looking at the maps, it's either going to be really bad tomorrow night or Sunday morning for us, if it happens here (the map has shifted since I checked it earlier). My sister says she should just move back to Arizona, no bad things to worry about there. :tongue_smilie:

We are in eastern Oklahoma and after the tornado hit OU earlier i am feeling even jumpier . It is windy as can be and thundering like crazy here, and my son is at his dad's which is a one story ranch home in the country north of town. It isn't even supposed to get really bad until tomorrow night and I'm already being a worry warts about it. I think the dogs and i will stay at my folks with their brick house and basement tomorrow night!

We are in eastern Oklahoma and after the tornado hit OU earlier i am feeling even jumpier . It is windy as can be and thundering like crazy here, and my son is at his dad's which is a one story ranch home in the country north of town. It isn't even supposed to get really bad until tomorrow night and I'm already being a worry warts about it. I think the dogs and i will stay at my folks with their brick house and basement tomorrow night!

My grandmother is in eastern ok, so i'm a bit worried on her behalf. The map so far looks like she's in the clear for the worst of it. She is in LeFlore County. Do you know if that area is supposed to be in the path of the really bad stuff?

Hoping it doesn't end up as bad as the predictions suggest. Be careful!

Right now leflore county looks good and i think it is slightly south of where they think the worst will hit. But it is Oklahoma so who knows! kotv is a great website with really easy to find weather info. We are in tulsa county and they seem to be falling apart as they come at us right now, but Im still on edge, i really want to put in a safe room if we stay in this house.

We live in the southern part of that weather alert, but are on vacation in the area under the highest alert. We are suppose to travel 1.5 hours today to see DH's side of the family. DH doesn't want to cancel. But I don't think it is wise to take off through this rural area with houses few and far between with such bad storms forecast.

Ugh. What to do?!