Who wears their wedding ring?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who wears their wedding ring?

• Wife wears a wedding ring
    • Wife doesn't wear a wedding ring
    • Husband wears a wedding ring
    • Husband doesn't wear a wedding ring
    • Other just because

Neither DH nor I wear a wedding ring. DH's finger started peeling weirdly under his ring about 5 or so years ago and he just decided not to wear it anymore. As for me, I just don't want to bother with it. Wearing it at home I always took it off anyway so I could cook or clean without getting stuff all over it or lose it down a drain. And well, I'm pretty absent-minded so I would always forget to put it back on. :tongue_smilie:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wear my ring, except when I'm working (nurse) then I don't. It's too easy for germs to get trapped inbetween the diamonds (channel set) and my engagement ring gets hung up on examination gloves. DH does not wear is ring because it's a safety hazard at his job, then he gained some weight and now it won't fit. BUT he doesn't want to have it resized.

I wear my wedding ring, DH wears his about 50% of the time. He doesn't wear it to work, and will sometimes forget to wear it other times. I don't have a problem with it, though I do tease him about making him tattoo one on occasionally!

I wear mine most of the time. I don't have it on today, though. DH wore his constantly (wouldn't even take it off to shower) until a couple of years ago. His hands became swollen for some reason and he almost had to have the dr. cut it off. Ever since then, he doesn't wear it. This happened to his hands a few times and he did not want to have to have it cut.

My husband can actually get fired if he wears his ring on the job. Safety is a big, big deal for them, and neither they or I want to see him lose a finger, hand or arm to a ring caught on something. Wearing his ring makes no difference to him, he knows he is married with or without the ring. :001_smile:

I haven't worn mine since I got pregnant. When I gained pregnancy weight, it got really uncomfortable and I haven't lost it all yet. :sad:

DH always wears his wedding ring and an anniversary ring I bought for him for our 5 year anniversary. Never takes them off.

I don't wear mine very often. I do not like sleeping with any jewelry on, and I am paranoid to wear my rings while doing martial arts which is 4 days a week. So I pretty much never wear them! Bums me out because I LOVE my wedding set, but I am afraid I will break a finger and they will have to cut my rings off. It is a crazy fear - nothing like that has ever happened at our MA school, but I can't shake it! :001_huh: