Menu

Zumba - yes or no

Zumba is *awesome*!!! Love it! Appropriate for all levels if you're okay with not getting it perfect the first few times. There's NO vocal instruction. It's monkey-see/monkey-do, which means you'll want to be at least near the middle of the class. If you stand in the very back you'll have a harder time, because you may not be able to see the instructor (unless it's a very small class, or he/she is up on a platform).

But GO! Try it out! :)

I borrowed the Zumba Wii program, but I'm scared to try it. Does anyone have any experience with the Wii version? Is there vocal instruction?

Nope, no vocal instruction in the Wii game either. But there are Beginner routines that have very basic dance moves and repetitive choreography.

If you go, do you enjoy it?

What's it like?

Is it gonna kick my bootie if I haven't been exercising?

Yes, I love it!

Fun! We have it at our church so I know most everyone in the class - and it's a small class, anyway. :) And I like exercise classes, they are good motivation!

Probably not for awhile. Idk. I just started going back a few weeks ago and it actually gets harder every week because I know the steps now. The first week was a lot of stumbling over myself trying to get the steps right. :tongue_smilie: I was still sore the next day, so definitely still getting a workout tho. By the third/fourth week (I only go once a week) I was definitely feeling it more. :)

ETA: I don't think the DVDs would be fun. I tried doing a 20 minute workout off the DVD and was bored - was impatient for it to be over. When I'm in the class, the hour flies by. :)

If you go, do you enjoy it?

What's it like?

Is it gonna kick my bootie if I haven't been exercising?

I LOVE ZUMBA!!!! Seriously........:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub: it!

My dd's and I started about 9 months ago. We go once a week, occasionally twice a week. It is sooooooooooooo much fun. If you try it, do not be discouraged if you can't keep up or do the routines very well at first. It takes me at least half a dozen times of trying a new routine to finally begin to get it. I'm so glad I didn't quit....because I felt like I had two left feet at first and felt so uncoordinated. I still feel uncoordinated when there's a new song. But, no big deal. You get it after awhile....and even our instructor makes mistakes and everyone just has a big laugh. Something that I absolutely love about our class, and I don't think this is the norm, is that we turn the lights out and have disco lights going. It's so super fun and you feel a little better with the lights low. :001_smile: We have a "Master Zumba" class this Friday in town and I'm so excited. It's several instructors from the area and people from different towns all getting together....should be fun.

Give it a try. I bet you'll be hooked and not kicked. :001_smile:

Zumba is *awesome*!!! Love it! Appropriate for all levels if you're okay with not getting it perfect the first few times. There's NO vocal instruction. It's monkey-see/monkey-do, which means you'll want to be at least near the middle of the class. If you stand in the very back you'll have a harder time, because you may not be able to see the instructor (unless it's a very small class, or he/she is up on a platform).

But GO! Try it out! :)

:iagree: