Menu

Dr. Hive... ER tonight or doc tomorrow?

She's starting to fall asleep... Ugh. Hate when I don't know what to do. I have never had a good experience with the ER here, either.

Then at minimum, keep an eye on her, if you think you will fall asleep, then set an alarm and keep checking. Can you call her doctor?

I did have a really bad stomach flu (gastroenteritis), I was doubled over in pain, went to ER, then had a large bill to find out I could have waited it out...

ETA: A bad ER is like not going...... when you check her, check her temp. and hopefully you have a good pediatrician that you can call.

Edited by Susan C.

What did the doctor say? Is your dd still sleeping?

Why do these things always happen at night, when the doctor's office is closed??? :glare:

I hope the doctor gave you some encouraging information.

I know! Just once, I'd like for a kid to get sick between the hours of 8-5 M-F. My kids almost always seem to get sick at 5pm on Friday. Then you are stuck waiting through the entire weekend or going to a clinic.

He said to try to get her through the night. They'll see her at 8:15 in the morning. She is still sleeping, although whimpering off and on. Fingers crossed we get some sleep tonight.

Sorry. Just had time to get on here. She had a uti and I guess a probable kidney infection based on the lab work. She got antibiotic shots in both legs. They said she was really dehydrated and they are worried about that. She started puking in the middle of the night. She's been sipping on some drinks and hasn't thrown up for about 5 hours, so I'm hoping she'll be ok. They will give her shots again tomorrow if she hasn't improved. :(