Menu

Has anyone ever heard of a chicken enchilada recipe

that did not use red enchilada sauce but called for the enchiladas to be topped with cheese and heavy cream? Is something missing from this recipe. Should I break out the bread and lunch meat for dinner tonight since I made this enchilada recipe as it was without red enchilada sauce? Please tell me this is going to edible(or not:001_huh:)

I have a sour cream and chicken enchilada recipe that's to die for. No red sauce at all. I've been making it for years and the kids love it.

CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

1 onion, chopped

2 tbsp. butter

4 c. cooked chicken, chopped

4 oz. can green chilies

1 can Campbell's cream of celery soup

1 can Campbell's cream of chicken soup

1 1/2 c. sour cream

12 tortillas

8-16 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded

Cook onions in melted butter (approximately 2 minutes), add chilies, cream of chicken soup and cooked chicken. Warm through. Spread 3 tablespoons mixture on tortilla and roll. Arrange tortillas in 9 x 13 inch pan. In separate bowl, mix sour cream and cream of celery soup. Pour over tortillas and bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese

I can't judge your recipe without more details, but we have made white sauce enchiladas.

It was cream cheese, red pepper and onion chopped, chili powder,garlic powder seasonings( I added salt, pepper and onion powder) stir this together, spread mixture on tortilla add shredded chicked put in baking pan. Top with 8oz montery jack cheese and 1 1/2cups heavy cream and bake for 30min.

It was cream cheese, red pepper and onion chopped, chili powder,garlic powder seasonings( I added salt, pepper and onion powder) stir this together, spread mixture on tortilla add shredded chicked put in baking pan. Top with 8oz montery jack cheese and 1 1/2cups heavy cream and bake for 30min.

With the heavy cream on top? Should be delicious! Cream cheese and garlic makes an excellent filler.

I have a sour cream and chicken enchilada recipe that's to die for. No red sauce at all. I've been making it for years and the kids love it.

CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

1 onion, chopped

2 tbsp. butter

4 c. cooked chicken, chopped

4 oz. can green chilies

1 can Campbell's cream of celery soup

1 can Campbell's cream of chicken soup

1 1/2 c. sour cream

12 tortillas

8-16 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded

Cook onions in melted butter (approximately 2 minutes), add chilies, cream of chicken soup and cooked chicken. Warm through. Spread 3 tablespoons mixture on tortilla and roll. Arrange tortillas in 9 x 13 inch pan. In separate bowl, mix sour cream and cream of celery soup. Pour over tortillas and bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese

I make something similar, but use jack cheese, and add chopped, SQUEEZED very dry frozen spinach to the topping. I also make kind of a home made version of the "cream of" soup

My recipe you cook the chicken in the oven with whole pieces of garlic, chop it up, add white onions, green chiles and jack cheese. Then you mix half-and half with verde sauce. You add a little sauce to the filling, topping the enchiladas with the rest of the sauce and some more cheese. I think I have posted the full recipe here in the past, but I am typing from my phone right now.