Menu

Needing a kilt fix?

Not commenting on the picture per se, but so thrilled you brought up the topic! We attended an Irish concert and saw a great decked out kilt...I asked my son if he would wear a kilt to prom...he is actually considering it, but where do you get one? Our heritage is Scotch and Irish and I know my grandmother's family name has their own tartan...anyone know about finding authentic kilt wear?

Not commenting on the picture per se, but so thrilled you brought up the topic! We attended an Irish concert and saw a great decked out kilt...I asked my son if he would wear a kilt to prom...he is actually considering it, but where do you get one? Our heritage is Scotch and Irish and I know my grandmother's family name has their own tartan...anyone know about finding authentic kilt wear?

I'll ask hubby. He's got hundreds of links and resources. And a kilt for every Scottish clan we can legally claim.

If you know your family's tartan you can try here.

Here.

I wouldn't worry too much about finding the correct one. I bet there are online kilt shops in the US - here I bought the boys kilts at the supermarket.

Laura

Don't be jealous, but we spent yesterday at a St. Patricks Day parade and festival and ate dinner at an Irish pub. I saw lots of men in kilts. :D

Some of the dads from my dd's Irish dancing school have this kilt.

http://www.sportkilt.com/product/1111/Kilt---Irisher-Sport-Kilt.html

Thanks so much! These look great! They do not have our tartan (McDougall) but many like it! Thanks! Our girls irish dance as well, attending their first feisanna in May...they're a bit nervous...we're not into the whole wig thing..wondering if they'll get by with us doing their hair for them..they prefer natural curls...I'm sure as they advance they'll love the convenience of the wig...but it's one of those "why" do they have to questions...thanks!!