Menu

Anyone else get ridiculously excited when they see someone responded to their post,

You know, I (OP) wasn't really saying that I don't want people to respond with :lurk5: or :bigear: because sometimes I do that myself just to remind myself that I checked in on a thread and want to go back to it later. It's more of an observation on myself, that I get too excited thinking that someone has answered my question, but I don't really realize that I'm excited until I feel the disappointment when my question hasn't been answered. And then I think, "Wow, I'm spending too much time on the internet."

On a related note, don't you feel irritated when you take the time to add a comment and put some thought and care into it, but then no one even responds to you at all and keeps conversing with others, acting as though you're not even there? Clearly, thread etiquette is not the same as personal conversations, yet I still find it irritating at times. (Not here on this thread....just sayin'.)

Lucinda

Yes, that happens to me too.

:iagree:This bothers me more than the smilies. And then, later, when someone responds to another of my posts in another thread, I think, "Whew! Guess my thoughts do count for something!" Ridiculous, but true.

:lol::lol: I just had this thought about a different forum I was on. And then someone else two pages later said the same thing I did, and she/he got all the responses and quoted bits and the thank yous. And yes, I felt all emo about it. And wanted to quote myself and be like, SEE SEE, I SAID THAT TWO PAGES BACK AND Y'ALL IGNORED ME. BUT BECAUSE BOB SAID IT, IT MUST BE TALKED ABOUT.

Okay, so maybe I'm still a little irked about it!

Yes, that happens to me too.

Ha! Others feel this way too!! Well, I should either feel good to know it's not just me - OR- we're just all hyper sensitive.

:D Lucinda

I'll take this one for the team, shanvan.

:patriot: As you were, folks. Nothing left to see here!

I get excited when I see a reply to a thread I've started but I get REALLY excited when I see someone reply to a post because it means I haven't killed the thread (which I do pretty much every single time I post).

:lol::lol: I just had this thought about a different forum I was on. And then someone else two pages later said the same thing I did, and she/he got all the responses and quoted bits and the thank yous. And yes, I felt all emo about it. And wanted to quote myself and be like, SEE SEE, I SAID THAT TWO PAGES BACK AND Y'ALL IGNORED ME. BUT BECAUSE BOB SAID IT, IT MUST BE TALKED ABOUT.

Rofl. Yes, this happens to me all the time. And I'm quite sure I've killed the thread now.

This happens to me too. Or at least I tell myself it does.

I get excited when I see a reply to a thread I've started but I get REALLY excited when I see someone reply to a post because it means I haven't killed the thread (which I do pretty much every single time I post).

Yeah, me too. I seem to have that effect on conversations.....in real life too.

Faithe

Don't you wish there was a LIKE button on this forum? There are a number of posts on this thread that would be very worthy of hitting a LIKE button! I'd love to do that to some posts I read without having to write out a reply -- a reply that will most likely be the death of a thread in most cases. (Just sayin'....)

Blessings,

Lucinda

Don't you wish there was a LIKE button on this forum? There are a number of posts on this thread that would be very worthy of hitting a LIKE button! I'd love to do that to some posts I read without having to write out a reply -- a reply that will most likely be the death of a thread in most cases. (Just sayin'....)

Blessings,

Lucinda

I have often wished for that very same thing. :)

On a related note, don't you feel irritated when you take the time to add a comment and put some thought and care into it, but then no one even responds to you at all and keeps conversing with others, acting as though you're not even there? Clearly, thread etiquette is not the same as personal conversations, yet I still find it irritating at times.

Absolutely! Esp. when even the OP, whom I intended to help, appears to ignore my post. :-(

So if your comment is on page 1 or 2 of a 6-page thread...

BTW this is something that surprises me - why does everyone choose to keep clicking on page after page of a thread? Why not set their preferences to see 50 posts per page? That way, you get to see 50 posts before you have to click on the next page. For instance, this thread appears as a two-pager to me.

Edited by nansk

BTW this is something that surprises me - why does everyone choose to keep clicking on page after page of a thread? Why not set their preferences to see 50 posts per page? That way, you get to see 50 posts before you have to click on the next page. For instance, this thread appears as a two-pager to me.

Whoa. How do you do that?

I alwasy think :001_huh: when someone comments on what page of the thread they are on. Since I know that you can customize how many posts make up a page. So page 3 to one person is still page 1 to another.

Thank for that suggestion! I can't believe I hadn't thought of that one.

Blessings,

Lucinda