Menu

Does anyone shop at BJ's Wholesale?

Do they have good prices? We love CostCo but don't like that they are only open until 6 and a new BJ's opened up close to our house. We are getting to where we can buy a lot of things in bulk so I'm leaning towards doing most of our shopping at BJs or CostCo.....

Thanks!

One opened up 20 minutes from me, and there were passes in the mail and in the local paper.

I went and frankly wasn't that impressed. The prices were OK, and I can do just as well at Costco or Wegman's. Costco has more of what I buy.

Several of our friends went as well, and none of them joined. To each his own!

We started shopping there because they have a good price on Starbucks K-cups (which is all dh will drink:glare:). I've been picky but have found some other really good deals there, especially since they send out coupons and you can combine them with your own. I've been able to use multiple coupons for the same item if they are packaged so that each bar code can be scanned. I also get my gas there because it's the cheapest around here.

We already had a BJs membership when we moved here. We've have BJs, SamsClub, and Costco near us. My parents got a Costco membership before we moved here so until the BJs membership expired we had both. We found that Costco is *much* cheaper for most thing. At BJs you can get smaller containers of stuff and their selection is a little different and they do take manufacturer's coupons.

For us what matters most is convenience. If I can buy things in bulk there that means less trips to the store hopefully. My husband doesn't like buying produce at CostCo b/c we don't eat all of it in time most of the time, so we also go to Super Target. The BJs is also by the Target so it would be easier to go to both in one day instead of going all the way to CostCo. If I can get everything I need b/w those two I might just do that. We'd probably still go to CostCo once in awhile for some things. I just don't have time to go to multiple stores every week. We don't have a Sams Club near us that I know of. Also, we often go to Harris Teeter b/c I can order online and then just swing by and pick it up but Harris Teeter is more expensive......

We used to have a BJs membership but have since moved to Costco, because they have one closer to us. BJs was nice when we lived in FL and it was the closest wholesale club to us. The one nice thing about BJs is they take pretty much every type of payment that a typical store would take, which makes that part easier.

I would love to know the answer to this too. We absolutely love costco, but it's 30 minutes away if not longer with traffic. There is a BJ's about 10 minutes away. I like the coupon thing, but do they carry any organic items or snacks?

They do have some organic stuff. I don't look for it but I know they have some things.

They do take regular manufacture coupons as well as their coupons.

They do send out try it stuff all the time. I think I have seen things for up to 60 days.

In my area they usually send free trial memberships out around late October and late spring. You can sometimes find the ads for it in the Sunday coupons if one doesn't get mailed to your house.

They seem to have good deals on almonds,pecans ,and walnuts.Everything else seems priced about the same as the grocery store.

We do go to BJ's. It started when we had 2 kids in diapers and needed to buy them in bulk! Now, we mainly go there for the stuff for my husband's weekly poker game. The cold cuts are cheap. And we buy pop and chips and bread and things like that just for the game. Most of the stuff they have there, I wouldn't actually eat, but occasionally I do buy some Alexia fries for the kids and the big tubs of organic greens. I buy razors and toothbrushes and feminine hygiene products there. Dh lives in mortal fear of running out of toilet paper, so every time he goes to BJ's, he comes home with one the the monster packs of TP. I've told him we don't have room to store it all, but he finds places for it down in his man cave.