Menu

Anti-fatigue kitchen mat?

I have ceramic floors too, and mine actually came from ABC Distributing for $16.95 plus shipping. I wish I could carpet the whole kitchen in them!

http://www.abcdistributing.com/Spring%2BGifts%2B2012/18%22x30%22-Chef's-Comfort-Mat/prod40299.jmp?sorted=C&fm=catalog&navAction=jump&navCount=0&catalogBookId=3024&catalogId=catalog70003

Now THAT is a much easier price to handle...

My mom bought me a gel mat at Costco. I don't know what brand it is, but I love it.

Yes, we bought one at Sams. It was cheap, but I really like mine too. And it doesn't seem to get dirty. I just have to make sure water doesn't get under mine and ruin the hardwood.

I have a small one from GelPro. When I was researching, I heard over and over again that the Gelpro where worth the extra money since they held up better long term. I have no basis for comparison but this was from a cooking forums so I figured these people knew what they were talking about. I have vinyl flooring (so not terribley hard) and I wear shoes but I still notice a huge difference between standing on the mat verses standing on the floor. I got the smallest size and found a good sale. I think I paid around $40 for mine. I just move it around the kitchen to whatever area I'm working. I haven't found any reason to buy more/larger. I actually like that it's so small and easy to move around.

I have a small one from GelPro. When I was researching, I heard over and over again that the Gelpro where worth the extra money since they held up better long term. I have no basis for comparison but this was from a cooking forums so I figured these people knew what they were talking about. I have vinyl flooring (so not terribley hard) and I wear shoes but I still notice a huge difference between standing on the mat verses standing on the floor. I got the smallest size and found a good sale. I think I paid around $40 for mine. I just move it around the kitchen to whatever area I'm working. I haven't found any reason to buy more/larger. I actually like that it's so small and easy to move around.

Where did you find it for that price? Thanks for the input!

Where did you find it for that price? Thanks for the input!

I bought it directly from Gelpro. They were running clearance sales at the time and I found a color/pattern that worked for my kitchen. I think you can sign up for notices, I know I found out about the sale through an e-mail.

Right now their clearance prices aren't quite that low. Looks like 50-60 for the smallest size.

• 2 months later...
Flooring is important to the overall look of the kitchen - and so is comfort. I highly recommend .... You are standing all the time in the kitchen, so you might as well be comfortable. These highly decorative, durable mats are great for your feet and you'll never want to move off of them!

How does this happen? How does a company know when we are talking about something so they can advertise?

How does this happen? How does a company know when we are talking about something so they can advertise?

Some companies pay someone to search the web for opportunities like this, and to find out what people are saying, good or bad, about their products.

The GelPro are worth the extra money. I bought a cheap, machine-washable kitchen rug from Target to lay over mine for washing and also for looks and it works great.

Ohhh, really good idea. It would never have occured to me to cover it up.

I have one from Costco, but I have to say that after about a year it's beginning to wear heavily around the edges. I think it would be better to fork out the extra money and avoid having to replace it every year.

:lol: I was surprised to see this thread resurrected until I saw it was a

"new poster". Welcome, tophermarshall! Can't wait to hear about your homeschool.

"new poster". Welcome, tophermarshall! Can't wait to hear about your homeschool.

:lol:

They have a brilliant system for keeping their students on task. They place a one of their handy-dandy mats at their feet under their desk, and they never want to move from their desk! It's truly an amazing product and so versatile! The mats come with a warning to remove them from under your children's feet periodically to enable them to do their chores and get some sleep.

"new poster".

Well, I won't buy their mats due to spamming, but I'm glad someone resurrected the thread. :D I missed it the first time, but as it happens I was looking at gel mats at BJ's yesterday. I wondered if they actually work. OP, I have ceramic tile and if I could do my floors over again, I would not do tile. They're h*ll on my back and feet.

Well, I won't buy their mats due to spamming, but I'm glad someone resurrected the thread. :D I missed it the first time, but as it happens I was looking at gel mats at BJ's yesterday. I wondered if they actually work. OP, I have ceramic tile and if I could do my floors over again, I would not do tile. They're h*ll on my back and feet.

My dh got me one from Sam's and it helps a TON. It wasn't as expensive as those fancy brand-name ones, but it really does work. I can't imagine going back to standing directly on the tile. I'm with you, I HATE ceramic tile ~ it's so painful!