Menu

Happy Father's Day, Dads! What are you doing for Father's Day today??

I had a horrible headache last night which finally dissipated by this morning.

We made pancakes and bacon (low-fat, but still not great for the heart, kwim?) and OJ for dh.

We then gave him his Father's Day cards---one mushy one from me, a silly musical card from the girls.

Then we gave him his gifts---"John Adams" on DVD from the girls, and a "Bucket Boss" from me---it's a canvas tool organizer that slips over a clean, empty 5-gallon paint bucket. Our family is so disorganized with tools it isn't even funny. This should help. Dh liked it---although he's not a tool nut.

Then, we plan on going to a state park, grilling hamburgers or hot dogs, and playing in the river. I wanted to go to church but was voted down.

Does anyone else have special plans for the day?

Whatever you dads and moms end up doing, I hope it's a blessing for all of you!

Thanks, Dads on these boards, for all you do!

We are going to church (I'm 99% sure--no one else is up yet).

I just got the Kabob meat & veggies in the marinade and will grill those for dinner. We'll have Asian Cole Slaw and Chipotle-style rice with the Kabobs, and Lemon Tart for dessert.

We are giving dh a little pruner tool (his broke the other day) and the Wii Fit board. I'm so excited to try the Wii Fit! I hope dh enjoys it, too :001_smile:. I plan on letting him do whatever he wants for the day.

We just gave dh his cards and gifts. We're going shopping later, the boys are going to look for ds some things and I'm going to the bookstore (yeah!).

Then I'll make lasagna for dinner. we'll get out the back massager, the foot soaker and treat dh like a king.

kids made cards for dh all by themselves, They made a bagle and coffee for him to eat breakfast in bed. we will do whatever dh wants to do today. Then i will fix chicken scottsdale to eat for dinner :) so not much going on. I still have to call my father, was giving him time to sleep in :)

kids made cards for dh all by themselves, They made a bagle and coffee for him to eat breakfast in bed. we will do whatever dh wants to do today. Then i will fix chicken scottsdale to eat for dinner :) so not much going on. I still have to call my father, was giving him time to sleep in :)

Chicken Scottsdale sounds delicious! Care to share the recipe sometime?

Happy Father's Day to you and all the other families here!

...I hope ER will be able to call dh with Father's Day greetings. We had originally thought that neither dc would be home today because ER is on his choir tour & EK was supposed to go to a 2nd week of camp -- but a stomach virus is running rampant through the campers & staff at the camp she was planning to attend, so she stayed home. At least she gets to be with her Daddy for Father's Day!

My boys are going to mow the lawn for their dad, their FD gift to him! That's something he will totally appreciate! We're going out for lunch or dinner, whichever one dh picks, and he gets to do what he wants for the day. He wants to work outside for awhile, watch soccer for awhile, and I'm not sure what else.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to other dad's out there!

My Dh woke up to, Monkey Bread, bacon and coffee. Then we all went to church. Now he is taking a nap and in a little while we will join some good friends for a whole lot of bbq'd meat(nothing green allowed today) arr,arr. Oh and the kids gave daddy a new cookbook, cause that's his thing.:D

Dc gave him our cards and small gift (a shirt) when we got up this morning. We went out for brunch at dh's restaurant of choice. Then we went to a nearby flea market to look around, because dh really enjoys that type of thing. We got ice cream cones there. Right now he's out in the hammock (his big gift), just relaxing with dd. We'll probably take the kids swimming later and maybe grill out for dinner.

We went to the beach Friday and came home last night. We went to church this morning and we've just been hanging out. DH has been working on pics from the weekend. (One is up on my blog). I am getting him the Wii Fit, but we're still out in this area. I just received Holy Grail from Netflix. I think we'll watch it tonight.