Menu

Maternity Clothes Questions: Belly Band? Worth Buying?

I'm expecting #5 and haven't really bought many new maternity clothes since my first pregnancy 11 years ago!:tongue_smilie:

I've heard of Belly Bands, and I'm wondering if any of you have found them useful.

Are they basically designed to make it so you can wear your regular pants longer?

Is there a brand you prefer?

Is there anything that works better?

Any other pregnancy clothing innovations I should know about. I think I'm out of touch! (For instance, my younger sister was amazed that all my maternity pants are designed to go over my belly!)

Here's a link to one I just found: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Be-Mine-Maternity-Belly/dp/B000OSAH8I

TIA! :001_smile:

You can wear your pants longer, and you can also layer with it (so you can raise your hands without bare belly popping out the bottom of your shirt).

I also used it postpartum for a smoother look.

A support belt was the must-have item for me. It made a huge difference in back pain.

YES! Get one! They are awesome! I got mine at Target and it was $14.95 I think. It is useful all the way through pregnancy and postpartum.

:iagree:I got a black one and a white one. I was able to wear my regular jeans and zip-up skirts much longer. They were also great while I was nursing to keep my belly covered when I pulled my shirt up.

Well, I didn't like the ones I tried very much. They just didn't fit right. One size was large enough to be comfortable, and also big enough to let my pants slide right out. The smaller size held my pants up but was far too tight to be comfortable. This was in very early pregnancy; no one even knew yet. I wasn't trying to pull it over a great big belly or anything!

I think it depends a lot on your body type, both pre-pregnancy and how you carry as your body changes. My BFF loved it when I passed it on to her.

YES! Get one! They are awesome! I got mine at Target and it was $14.95 I think. It is useful all the way through pregnancy and postpartum. I'm 30wks and use mine everyday because my maternity pants slide down and with this I don't have to pull my pants up all day long :)

Ahhhh ... I didn't think of Target! I'll check them out next time I go. I'm pretty sure I remember my maternity pants sagging too, so maybe this will help that!

You can wear your pants longer, and you can also layer with it (so you can raise your hands without bare belly popping out the bottom of your shirt).

I also used it postpartum for a smoother look.

A support belt was the must-have item for me. It made a huge difference in back pain.

That sounds good, as I'm certainly not going for the bare belly popping out look!

:iagree:I got a black one and a white one. I was able to wear my regular jeans and zip-up skirts much longer. They were also great while I was nursing to keep my belly covered when I pulled my shirt up.

I hadn't thought about it for nursing. That sounds like it would really help!

I loved mine!

Well, I'm sold! :D

Thanks everybody! :001_smile:

Well, I didn't like the ones I tried very much. They just didn't fit right. One size was large enough to be comfortable, and also big enough to let my pants slide right out. The smaller size held my pants up but was far too tight to be comfortable. This was in very early pregnancy; no one even knew yet. I wasn't trying to pull it over a great big belly or anything!

I think it depends a lot on your body type, both pre-pregnancy and how you carry as your body changes. My BFF loved it when I passed it on to her.

This confirms that I need to get one somewhere like Target where I can try it on.

I hope I can find one that works!

Thanks for the heads up!

YES! Get one! They are awesome! I got mine at Target and it was $14.95 I think. It is useful all the way through pregnancy and postpartum. I'm 30wks and use mine everyday because my maternity pants slide down and with this I don't have to pull my pants up all day long :)

Is this the one you have? http://www.target.com/p/Be-Maternity-BeBand-Assorted-Colors/-/A-13742281#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

I got the one at Target and loved it during my last pregnancy. I was able to wear it with my regular jeans through almost my entire pregnancy and immediately postpartum with my regular jeans. It was awesome!

I put mine on over my panties, then pulled my jeans up and folded it down over the top of my jeans. Towards the very end I just had to put it on over my jeans.

I got the one at Target and loved it during my last pregnancy. I was able to wear it with my regular jeans through almost my entire pregnancy and immediately postpartum with my regular jeans. It was awesome!

I put mine on over my panties, then pulled my jeans up and folded it down over the top of my jeans. Towards the very end I just had to put it on over my jeans.

Thank your for this tip! I think that might work for me, too! :001_smile:

I used mine all the time for my last pg, all through pg as maternity jeans would slip down my tummy, plus the low band maternity jeans give a lot of women "plumber bum" when they bend over- the belly band prevents this! ;) I also used it afterwards even after fitting into my regular clothes fine, it covered my torso for nursing so I used it all the time. Best item I bought.

I am currently 16 weeks pregnant amd still wearing non-maternity jeans 9just a size larger so I can also wear them postpartum) thanks to the belly band. I got a knockoff from ebay in my favorite clothing color for $7 and wear it every.single.day. The trick is to put it on under your pants, pull up the pants, and then fold it over to make a maternity band around the waistband. I think I'll be able to wear jeans my entire pregnancy thanks to this (note: H&M have $10 jeans rightnow that are REALLY wide in the waist - I can pull them up without unbuttoning them - and I am loving wearing regular jeans while having a belly :)).

I am currently 16 weeks pregnant amd still wearing non-maternity jeans 9just a size larger so I can also wear them postpartum) thanks to the belly band. I got a knockoff from ebay in my favorite clothing color for $7 and wear it every.single.day. The trick is to put it on under your pants, pull up the pants, and then fold it over to make a maternity band around the waistband. I think I'll be able to wear jeans my entire pregnancy thanks to this (note: H&M have $10 jeans rightnow that are REALLY wide in the waist - I can pull them up without unbuttoning them - and I am loving wearing regular jeans while having a belly :)).

Thanks for your tips!

What is H&M?

It's a clothing store :). http://www.hm.com/us/

FWIW, here's where I bought my bella band knockoff - http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Bella-Vonna-Belly-Band-Maternity-Nursing-Cover-S-M-L-/150409886695?pt=US_CSA_WC_Shirts_Tops&var=&hash=item68c6e0313d

I've been wearing it daily for two months and it's still in excellent shape.

Thanks so much for the ebay link!!!

I just got back from my ultrasound (everything looks good!) and buying the "Be Band" at Target. It looks good, except that it's not cotton. If I don't like the way the fabric feels, I'll return it and buy one of the ones you linked to. (They're mostly cotton!) :001_smile:

Thanks again!!!

This was invented by a friend of mine. I have no affiliation and receive no profit from their sale, but thought I'd pass the link along.

http://www.babybellyband.com/Baby_belly_band_About.html

Caroline's a friend here in my town, and a science teacher at the local high school. Busy mom.

astrid

Thanks for posting this! If I have any issues with back pain, I'll definitely keep it in mind!

I just want to say a big THANK YOU!!! I'm wearing my new belly band now for the first time and I LOVE IT!!!

I have never liked the pants I end up wearing in the early part of pregnancy. They fit alright, and are fairly comfortable, but I always feel frumpy wearing them. And right now... I'm wearing my regular jeans and feel great!

This is the belly band I ended up with because it's mostly cotton. (My skin is pretty sensitive to some other fabrics.):

FWIW, here's where I bought my bella band knockoff - http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Bella-Vonna-Belly-Band-Maternity-Nursing-Cover-S-M-L-/150409886695?pt=US_CSA_WC_Shirts_Tops&var=&hash=item68c6e0313d

I've been wearing it daily for two months and it's still in excellent shape.

It seems to be very well made, and the price was great!

Anyway, thanks again! :001_smile: