Menu

yoga/workout pants to wear all day?

I just realized that if I put on workout clothes in the morning, I'm much more likely to squeeze in a run or yoga when I get the chance.

My 2 cheap pairs of yoga pants are just that--one is all pilled up and the other's stretched out of shape.

I wouldn't mind spending a bit more to get something comfy yet presentable enough to go over to a friend's or run errands. I could go either for pants that are fitted (but not super tight) and flare at the lower leg, or leggings to wear with longer tops. The ideal fabric would be some combo of cotton and stretchy spandex-type material, on the thicker side to keep its shape and be forgiving with mine. ;)

Anyone have favorite brands/styles? Where do you buy them?

Thanks,

Amy

I buy Revolution dancewear's yoga style pants. You have to buy them through a dance studio. Call around and see if you can find a studio that sells them. They are not cotton, they don't pill and the dryer gets them reshape nicely.

I have not found anything like them in stores.

Lucy yoga pants (in Lucy stores, online or through Garnet Hill) wear like iron. They have several styles, all of which are pricey, but iron, I tell you! The ones I bought most recently fit in the thighs and flare slightly. Love them. They are probably four times the price of Champion pants at Target, which I also own, but they will look good twelve times longer.

Terri

I would love to be able to live in Lucy, Lululemon, & Athleta.

Sadly, I don't have unlimited funds. :) So I only have a few "sale" items from them.

I mostly buy my active wear at Costco and the discount department stores like Ross & TJ Maxx. They carry name brands such as Champion, Nike, Adidas. They fit well and wear well and look nicer than the C9 stuff at Target which is the same price-point.

Love the pair I got from Gap recently.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=68453&vid=1&pid=782651

A funny story: I went to yoga class a few weeks ago and instead of wearing 'yoga' pants, I threw on a pair of Nike running shorts. The instructor asked me if I'd been running. I said, no, sure was cold outside or something to that effect. She replied, 'I'm asking because you are wearing running shorts to class' :001_huh: So.... you can't wear running shorts to yoga class? You HAVE to wear yoga pants? WTH? I've never worn shorts to class before, but I'm also not judgmental about people who do! Too bizarre.

Margaret