Menu

Pity Party

To celebrate my birthday, I invited all my friends to my house for dinner. It seems it's just too much trouble to coordinate a time when everyone is available. There is not one single Friday or Saturday in the entire month of Feb. that the majority of my friends are free.

I know everyone has busy lives, but I don't remember it being so dang hard to get together with friends. It seems like I'm the only one who is flexible. I would be able to manage any weekend this month. Not so my friends.

It' just irritating, and I'm really trying not to take it personally.

I'm also not in the mood to bake my cake. So there. No cake tonight.

I spent half the day baking and cooking in the kitchen yesterday for ds's birthday. I don't feel like repeating.

Then forget "everyone," pick one weekend that's good for you, and whoever can come can come! If that's just one or two friends, have a fun dinner with one or two friends! If you don't feel like baking, indulge in a Dairy Queen or Carvel or bakery cake! Why not, it's your birthday! Happy birthday! :grouphug:

Then forget "everyone," pick one weekend that's good for you, and whoever can come can come! If that's just one or two friends, have a fun dinner with one or two friends! If you don't feel like baking, indulge in a Dairy Queen or Carvel or bakery cake! Why not, it's your birthday! Happy birthday! :grouphug:

:iagree:

Happy Birthday! :grouphug:

To celebrate my birthday, I invited all my friends to my house for dinner. It seems it's just too much trouble to coordinate a time when everyone is available. There is not one single Friday or Saturday in the entire month of Feb. that the majority of my friends are free.

I know everyone has busy lives, but I don't remember it being so dang hard to get together with friends. It seems like I'm the only one who is flexible. I would be able to manage any weekend this month. Not so my friends.

It' just irritating, and I'm really trying not to take it personally.

I'm also not in the mood to bake my cake. So there. No cake tonight.

I spent half the day baking and cooking in the kitchen yesterday for ds's birthday. I don't feel like repeating.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Oh, I have had some rotten birthdays the past few years. I hear you.

I highly recommend going to the nearest bakery and buying the most gorgeous, delicious cake you see. We do homemade cakes here except for my birthday (mostly because DH seems to miss them all :glare:). I get the deluxe chocolate cake that is droolworthy. We also go out to dinner or I get take-out so I don't have to cook or clean. Give yourself that gift! Happy birthday to you!

I can't help you with your friends being busy though. It's rotten. :grouphug:

True, true. I was just envisioning a dinner party with the whole group, and I'm mourning the loss of it.

As for buying a cake, not gonna happen. There aren't any gluten free bakeries around, and I'm too leery of cross contamination to take a chance of getting sick. I'll bake it tomorrow though. :001_smile: I'm going to make an apple spice cake with spice buttercream frosting......tomorrow. I'll be able to face the kitchen again tomorrow.

I am opening my gifts tonight with dh and boys. They are super excited about what they got me. I'll post when I find out what I got. :D

:iagree::grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Oh, I have had some rotten birthdays the past few years. I hear you.

I highly recommend going to the nearest bakery and buying the most gorgeous, delicious cake you see. We do homemade cakes here except for my birthday (mostly because DH seems to miss them all :glare:). I get the deluxe chocolate cake that is droolworthy. We also go out to dinner or I get take-out so I don't have to cook or clean. Give yourself that gift! Happy birthday to you!

Maybe I'll watch Cake Boss tonight, and drool over the cakes. Maybe I'll be inspired to get fancy on my cake. :tongue_smilie:

As for going out to dinner, I'm not there yet. My Dr. has advised me to avoid eating out for the time being to avoid the possibility of any gluten. Apparently, my body needs time to heal, and I'm supposed to be extra careful. I haven't had any food that I have not cooked (or DH cooked) since August.

Again, I dream of a house elf.

:iagree:

Happy Birthday!