Menu

American National Dress?

Unless you are talking about the national dress of different Native American tribes, there is no true American dress. I suppose the closest thing to it for for someone in Texas would be a cowboy outfit! But even that is a regional thing. In general though, the American people are immigrants and would wear the national dress of where they came from. At least that's how I see it.

Jeans, sneakers and t shirts. Oh and they should all be chewing gum. :p hehehe My friend who is from Germany told me that whenever she went to the movies in her country she could always tell who the American in the film was by their chewing gum. :lol: :lol:

And don't forget the baseball caps! I remember being shocked at the number of people wearing baseball caps when I came home from living in France.

Something stars-and-stripes would be good. I'd go for jeans or little denim skirt, red or blue plaid shirt, denim or leather vest, stars-and-stripes bandanna, cowboy hat, cowboy boots.

Or it could be quasi-Native-American, depending on how you feel about that.

Or if you wanted to go historical, you could do Pilgrim or Prairie Girl.