Menu

Two favorite things I found from Aldi!

I started going to Aldi recently just to save money, but I'm really surprised at the good quality of some of the items. Clancy's Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips are just as good, if not better than the Tostados brand.

And the mozz. cheese sticks that come in a pack are soooo good! I couldn't believe it. Just last week, I got some expensive brand of mozz. cheese sticks from the regular grocery store and they were so rubbery. I expected as much with the Aldi brand, but no! I had my husband eat some too, and he also said how good they were.

I'm so excited and wondering what other treats I'm missing out on! Do you have some favorites? :bigear:

We buy those chips because not only are they gluten free but they are good and affordable!

We also like their corn chips, ice cream, popsicles, and almost all their produce! I even purchase my frozen ground turkey there and almost all my frozen berries.

We don't like the shredded cheese, cheese slices, hotdogs, and bread. But we're gluten free now so we can't have the hotdogs or bread anyhow.

It would be easier to list the things I don't like from Aldi. I'm rarely disappointed, but I don't really have a discriminating palate. :001_smile:

I like everything I've tried excep their polish sausage, bananas, and bagged salad.

The baby wipies are amazing. They are the best store brand wipie hands-down.

Love Aldi for the snacks, crackers, cookies. Also love their salad dressings and condiments, big savings there! We are absolutely hooked on their bacon. We buy their high end thick sliced bacon and every once in a while when I have to shop at the regular grocery I will buy bacon there and always regret it. We've not had any problems with their cheese, but again I buy the better quality, not the cheapest stuff. Milk & eggs are usually much less than our regular grocery chain too. Last few weeks milk was $1.99! I was also pleasantly surprised recently to see that many of their breads are made without HFCS.

Our dislikes.. we are cereal snobs. We don't really care for any of the seafood either. Produce, it just depends on the stock.

Before going gluten free we ate their salsa all the time too and their mimic of "velveeta" because it was very good! We also like their dried fruits too! I still buy the raisens there and I prefer their natural peanut butter over Jiffy, Planters, and Skippy!

Aldi's just started off the new year making Wednesday their meat special day. They announce a new meat special every Wednesday with each ad. This past Wednesday it was split chicken thighs for $0.89/lb. I went out after dinner Wednesday evening as I just found out last minute and snagged 3 packages. They had only 2 left after I snagged what I wanted. I'm eager to see what future meat specials they will be offering.

Funny, their breakfast sausage is one of the few things we don't like. We like almost everything they carry as much, and sometimes better than, national brands. Our Aldi only carries milk by the gallon and we don't use much milk so that's the only reason I don't buy it. Cheese, coffee creamer, hot dog chili (which we use on a lot of things), chips and crackers, wine, chocolate, and much much more.

I'm always shocked at the total when I shop at Aldi. At any other store in my city the bill would be about 50% more than my Aldi total.