Menu

Please pray for a 15yob who was hospitalized Friday because of a tumor.

He is being transferred from a small children's hospital to a larger one tonight. The tumor is apparently in his neck/chest region and is blocking the veins in the neck and head. He has undergone a biopsy and CT scans over the past few days, and results of all the tests are expected tomorrow. Doctors have already said that they suspect the tumor is malignant, but they don't know what type of cancer, nor its extent.

The boy is the youngest child in a wonderfully loving, giving Christian family. The mom homeschools and operates a small catering business, and the dad is a pastor. Please pray for them all. The boy's name is Joshua.

Edited by ereks mom

Will be praying!

By chance, do you know what his symptoms were? Every time I hear one of these stories, I panic slightly and watch my children for any sign...but it is nice to be aware, in case we are ever faced with something.

A few days before Thanksgiving, he had a sore throat (strep was going around in the community) and had swelling in the lymph nodes in his neck. The sore throat improved, but the swelling remained. The doctor started him on antibiotics and the swelling went away for a week or two, but returned within a week, and was worse than before. There were no other symptoms, no fever, no fatigue, nothing.

A few days before Thanksgiving, he had a sore throat (strep was going around in the community) and had swelling in the lymph nodes in his neck. The sore throat improved, but the swelling remained. The doctor started him on antibiotics and the swelling went away for a week or two, but returned within a week, and was worse than before. There were no other symptoms, no fever, no fatigue, nothing.

Oh my! It is so scary that it started with something that seemed so innocent. That poor family - that is every parent's nightmare. Thanks for the reply and we will keep this family in our prayers.