Menu

Does your dh have a favorite shirt that needs to go to the rag bag?

Yep I am going to have to do it. It looks like swiss cheese and I can't take it any more. It has to become a rag. I broke the bad news to him over the weekend. It is a favorite t-shirt that says Mike's Bikes on it and when I told my dh it is time to let the shirt go he said...."but Mike's isn't in business anymore so I can't get a replacement." Poor thing I felt really sorry for him. Hmmm...maybe I will use it to clean the frig.

to wash it. :) He honored me by not wearing the shirt out anymore. It was one of his favorite shirts when we went out on a date. He said he likes the colors because it goes with everything(?) and it's not the traditional plaid colors. I didn't know how to respond to that last sentence so the Holy Spirit kept my mouth shut, which was a good thing.

Is there enough fabric left to make a little pillow from the part that says Mike's Bikes?

My dearheart has half of the T-shirts his publisher had made when his fourth book came out. Since he's not currently touring, and the book is old news, he's no hope of selling them, really. They are identical and there's a ton of them. Of course he wears them. They are his uniform. He must have ten in regular circulation and a hundred more in storage. Ugh . . . I'd offer free T's to ya'll, but for shipping costs.

"Mike's bikes"! I bought my first Schwinn at a Mike's Bikes in KS.

Do you know anyone that quilts? My mom has taken old t-shirts from each of us and has made us individual quilts. She uses only the logo area from the t-shirt. They turned out great.

Another option is to make a pillow out of it, using the logo to determine the size. Or take a 12x12 scrapbook frame and frame part of the t-shirt. Does he have a special guy place where it could be put?

Please don't make me get rid of my holey shirts!

Me either.

I've had every family member (including my mom who lives 4 hours away) suggest some of my shirts are ready to be retired. I don't wear them often, but they are faves. One I got living in Louisiana 10 years ago. Another my mom got me. It has pooh bear on it and some special children really liked that shirt and so I feel like I'd be throwing away memories of them.

I can see not wearing these shirts out (I couldn't, without a shirt underneath, btw), but to do housework, work out, whatever? please can I keep them?

Me either.

I've had every family member (including my mom who lives 4 hours away) suggest some of my shirts are ready to be retired. I don't wear them often, but they are faves. One I got living in Louisiana 10 years ago. Another my mom got me. It has pooh bear on it and some special children really liked that shirt and so I feel like I'd be throwing away memories of them.

I can see not wearing these shirts out (I couldn't, without a shirt underneath, btw), but to do housework, work out, whatever? please can I keep them?

I would be fine with it if he only wore the shirt around the house. But he had it on to go to several stores on Saturday. I admit I just cringed. On Sunday though he wore a very nice shirt all day. I guess he was tired on me picking on him on Saturday I made a point of telling him how nice he looked on Sunday. I hope this post didn't sound like I was picking on him. He is a peach, but to be honest neither one of us is very fashion conscience.

He has had it for about 13yrs, when my mom gave it to us, he worked the graveyard shift. The room was not dark enough and would drape it over his face. He has gotten so use to using it that he can't sleep with out it being under his neck and draped over his face. The thing has been sewn so many times it is ridiculous!

We have purchased him other throw blankets, but he will not use them. He says that he has this one broken in!

My husband has one, and he still wears it out in public. I tease him about it all the time. I told him the other day it would be a real shame if that shirt gets lost in the move - he was not amused. Now I'm going to have to guard the shirt to make sure nothing happens to it. It it disappears, he will claim I did something to it on purpose.

I just yelled the title of this thread to him, and he had to come and verify that I was not making it up :)

Krista