Menu

Razors---what are the best ones for ladies?

I am mainly looking for a razor for legs and underarms (might venture into more later). What ones are really good? Do you get what you pay for or are there some cheaper ones out there that are good?

Disposable or refillable blades?

You would think that a lady in her 40s would have this figured out by now:glare:

I am mainly looking for a razor for legs and underarms (might venture into more later). What ones are really good? Do you get what you pay for or are there some cheaper ones out there that are good?

Disposable or refillable blades?

You would think that a lady in her 40s would have this figured out by now:glare:

Ditch the razors and get your legs waxed!

Now I need to follow my advice. :auto: My sisters say that the hair growing back is much finer and lighter (in color and texture).

The best $3 I ever spent was for a vintage travel/ladies razor. It takes double edged blades and those bad boys are cheap and last for MONTHS. My husband go sick of paying a fortune for blade cartridges for his whatever-it-is, so he started using mine. Closest.shave.ever. He got his own, with a slightly longer handle, from an Etsy vendor for Christmas.

Seriously. First time since my teens I haven't had razor bumps.

The best $3 I ever spent was for a vintage travel/ladies razor. It takes double edged blades and those bad boys are cheap and last for MONTHS. My husband go sick of paying a fortune for blade cartridges for his whatever-it-is, so he started using mine. Closest.shave.ever. He got his own, with a slightly longer handle, from an Etsy vendor for Christmas.

Seriously. First time since my teens I haven't had razor bumps.

My DH has an "old school" razor that he just loves. Best shave ever, no razor burn, and yes, they are cheap, cheap, cheap to refill. I, however, have never been brave enough to try it. I use a men's mach whatever cartridge. Maybe I should switch?

I like a disposable with three blades and a head that can pivot. I find that even with three blades, if the head is 'fixed' instead of being able to pivot some, I get razor burn. Oh, and I use disposables, not ones with replaceable heads. DH uses the Mach3 Turbo (the original kind, not the one with the vibrating head), and I about croak at the price everytime I have to buy replacement heads for that thing. :tongue_smilie:

So long as it meets the 'three blades and pivoting head' rule, I find pretty much anything works for me, so I find the least expensive ones and get those. I couldn't care less if the particular razor is marketed to men or women.

I cannot use any of the Bic Soliel ones for women; the heads don't pivot; or, at least they don't pivot ENOUGH.

I like the Bic Comfort 3 Advance, and any of the Schick Xtreme 3 ones (like this one).

Edited by bethanyniez
homophones are my nemesis

Ditch the razors and get your legs waxed!

Now I need to follow my advice. :auto: My sisters say that the hair growing back is much finer and lighter (in color and texture).

I forked out for a Braun epilator and one bottle of Prince Reigns over 2 years ago, and haven't spent a dime on shaving supplies since.

It's rechargeable but operates cordless, on my legs doesn't hurt like waxing, doesn't have to be done as often as shaving, gets far better results, offers a foil shaver for underarms if those are too sensitive or epilating, and or those who wish to do so or want to be tidy in the bathing suit area if you swim a lot, offers a comb shaver as well. It pretty much does it all. And since after the initial purchase, you don't have to buy any more supplies, it pays for itself pretty quickly over razors or waxing.

These epilators have improved light years since the scary days of the original Epilady of yore! And since your hair grows back in as a nice pointy normal hair in three week cycles (and the occasional follicle is destroyed) it looks softer and lighter coming in than stubble from shaving (hence the sparser/lighter myths).

I would never go back to a razor.

Okay, there is my TMI for the day! :001_smile:

I forked out for a Braun epilator and one bottle of Prince Reigns over 2 years ago, and haven't spent a dime on shaving supplies since.

It's rechargeable but operates cordless, on my legs doesn't hurt like waxing, doesn't have to be done as often as shaving, gets far better results, offers a foil shaver for underarms if those are too sensitive or epilating, and or those who wish to do so or want to be tidy in the bathing suit area if you swim a lot, offers a comb shaver as well. It pretty much does it all. And since after the initial purchase, you don't have to buy any more supplies, it pays for itself pretty quickly over razors or waxing.

These epilators have improved light years since the scary days of the original Epilady of yore! And since your hair grows back in as a nice pointy normal hair in three week cycles (and the occasional follicle is destroyed) it looks softer and lighter coming in than stubble from shaving (hence the sparser/lighter myths).

I would never go back to a razor.

Okay, there is my TMI for the day! :001_smile:

I just bought one for myself on amazon this week. I am so tired of forking out so much for razors too! I only one I like is venus. Bic is HOrrible! I got cuts everytime!

My DH has an "old school" razor that he just loves. Best shave ever, no razor burn, and yes, they are cheap, cheap, cheap to refill. I, however, have never been brave enough to try it. I use a men's mach whatever cartridge. Maybe I should switch?

My husband was totally afraid of my razor. He got over it at the first shave. He'd asked for a rechargeable electric on for Christmas, but then was so excited about mine, I took it back. Lol. Next thing I know, he'll have the guys at work hooked on these, too. (he already got them with wool socks, my homemade deodorant, and Kiss My Face shave stuff.)

The ones that are for men, of course! Mach whatever with three blades and moisture strips and so on.

:iagree: Last year, I switched to men's razors. They are sooooo much nicer and cheaper than women's razors. :glare: I get the blade refills at Sam's. It's a chunk of change at once ($36, IIRC?), but that package lasts me about a year! The same type of blade for a women's razor has a package with about 1/3 the amount of blades for the same price. It really is crazy how they gouge women.