Menu

Just a thank you :)

I'm very thankful for all of you who like to chat and share. I'm not sure if some people understand just how important a board like this can be, not only for homeschooling but just for talking. Nowhere have I had the opportunity to talk to so many people at one time. This board is the first thing I read when I wake up and the last thing I read before I go to bed. (I probably shouldn't mention the gazillion times I check it throughout the day. Heaven forbid I miss something!)

Just saying. :)

I'm very thankful for all of you who like to chat and share. I'm not sure if some people understand just how important a board like this can be, not only for homeschooling but just for talking. Nowhere have I had the opportunity to talk to so many people at one time. This board is the first thing I read when I wake up and the last thing I read before I go to bed. (I probably shouldn't mention the gazillion times I check it throughout the day. Heaven forbid I miss something!)

:iagree:

:iagree: Absolutely my thoughts too! :)

I was telling DH just yesterday how much this board means to me. The friendship, the listening, the learning, the answered prayers.

Just knowing someone has your back.

How we pray for each other (and this board seems to move God with prayer)

How we wonder and worry about each other.

How we get dh's and children to post when we are sick. (you know, to let everyone know how things are going)

How many ills are cured through someone's suggestions.

How many dinners are saved.

How many tears are heard and dried with :grouphug:.

No one but us (and perhaps our Dh's and children) can know or truly understand the POWER and love here.

What a gift.

Thank you.

I mostly lurk, but I've logged on nearly every day since I started reading the old boards a little over ten years ago. The WTM books and especially the boards have shaped the way we homeschool. The curriculum we choose have all been recommended here.

Most of our friends have emigrated over the last decade and the boards have filled the gap for interesting conversation (even though I may only be 'listening'). There has been some invaluable parenting advice, really interesting perspectives from people with views I would not normally encounter which have broadened my mind, great ideas and lots of great fun.

Thanks from me as well!!

I agree! I have a wonderful family, but none who really understand homeschooling, our mission, goals, and hopes for our children. It really just seems like if they aren't in public school, then they can't relate so they aren't a source for feedback. This board is my sounding board, support, backup, etc. I love it too!