Menu

s/o of Tebow-Currently popular homeschoolers

GWOB

So we all know that Tim Tebow was homeschooled. In the Tebow thread, someone mentioned a Patriots player was also homeschooled. I had no clue. Can we make a list of famous/well-known/popular homeschoolers?

I have one contribution:

Chris Klein-Kansas State QB (and often compared to Tebow)

Any others?

So we all know that Tim Tebow was homeschooled. In the Tebow thread, someone mentioned a Patriots player was also homeschooled. I had no clue. Can we make a list of famous/well-known/popular homeschoolers?

I have one contribution:

Chris Klein-Kansas State QB (and often compared to Tebow)

Any others?

Susan Wise Bauer :D

Susan Wise Bauer :D

:tongue_smilie: Well yes! Smarty pants:lol:. You were the one who posted about that Patriots player. My kids and I love discovering successful (well, popularly successful) homeschoolers. It's a bit of validation for them.

Well on another similar note- two of the Republican presidential candidates have homeschooled their kids- Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum. I can't remember if we have ever had even one homeschooling parent or former homeschooling parent run for President.

Seems like that would have been in the media...

NBA player Blake Griffin was homeschooled until high school. I believe he went to high school because of his athletic ability. I googled to try to confirm what I remembered and found this link of other prominent homeschoolers.

http://www.thebestcolleges.org/the-worlds-15-most-extraordinary-homeschoolers/

Thanks for that link! My kids loved it.

Well on another similar note- two of the Republican presidential candidates have homeschooled their kids- Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum. I can't remember if we have ever had even one homeschooling parent or former homeschooling parent run for President.

well, it's possible if you go back far enough. there's a chance that there were children educated at home pre-1900s, i'm sure.