Menu

Is this okay?

Do I print labels?  

1. 1. Do I print labels?

• Absolutely, without a doubt
    • Yes, but hand address close relatives
    • No, hand address them all
    • Only print less personal cards

I am getting my Christmas cards ready and decided to import my list onto a spreadsheet so I can just print them on labels instead of handwriting them. They have cute Christmas trees on them, and I think they came out nice.

Is this totally tacky? I mean, I wouldn't mind getting a card with a printed name, and probably wouldn't think twice about it, but is it poor etiquette? I am just over thinking this? We have almost 200 cards this year and I DO NOT want to hand address them all. :glare:

Anyway, Merry Christmas all!

I am getting my Christmas cards ready and decided to import my list onto a spreadsheet so I can just print them on labels instead of handwriting them. They have cute Christmas trees on them, and I think they came out nice.

Is this totally tacky? I mean, I wouldn't mind getting a card with a printed name, and probably wouldn't think twice about it, but is it poor etiquette? I am just over thinking this? We have almost 200 cards this year and I DO NOT want to hand address them all. :glare:

Anyway, Merry Christmas all!

On the envelope! I totally do this. No biggie. I do photo cards, usually with a handwritten short note on the back for most (depends who it is - some aunts and distant relatives are just thrilled to be in the loop getting a photo card). I get a bunch of cards this way. I might drop holiday cards all together if I had to hand address 70 of them, or at least drop my card list way back.

Most cards I get are photo cards that have been sent by the card company. You design your card, upload your addresses and they do it all. I still get the cute family pictures....I would not even be offended by printed wedding invites though. I prefer efficiency. (I did hand-wright all 500+ of my wedding invites; I just would not be offended if they came to me printed. My sister actually had hers printed.)

Print them - The post office probably prefers it too! Make them happy :D

I mentioned it to the guy at the post office today and he smiled and said it does make it much easier, unless you have perfect handwriting. :D

Out of the 187 cards this year, about 25 are getting school pictures included in the envelope, and the rest are either less personal relatives, family friends I must include, or business contacts. I wasn't planning on writing anything on them, they heavy weight with pictures on the front and back of the flat card.

I went ahead and labeled them, if I get flack I'll know who to hand address next year!

Most cards I get are photo cards that have been sent by the card company. You design your card, upload your addresses and they do it all. I still get the cute family pictures....I would not even be offended by printed wedding invites though. I prefer efficiency. (I did hand-wright all 500+ of my wedding invites; I just would not be offended if they came to me printed. My sister actually had hers printed.)

Wedding is tricky. I had printed rsvp cards and I took a calligraphy class to hand write the invitation envelopes.

But at the same time, unless it was stunningly nice, I can't say I remember any envelopes from other weddings. Once again it's one of those things you think are important but really mean absolutely nothing.

Are you hand writing anything on your cards?

I have to admit...I do not get the point of getting a printed card with a printed label. I'm mean, really. Why send them out?:confused:

To share pictures of the kids mainly. I think a picture card of someones children is SO MUCH more special than a card from the store with 4 or 5 word sentence inside that could have been written to anyone.

To share pictures of the kids mainly. I think a picture card of someones children is SO MUCH more special than a card from the store with 4 or 5 word sentence inside that could have been written to anyone.

:iagree: I love photo cards, message or no. A plain card with just a name signed, no photo = lame! ;)

Are you hand writing anything on your cards?

I have to admit...I do not get the point of getting a printed card with a printed label. I'm mean, really. Why send them out?:confused:

:iagree: Even if it's a photo card, these are just faces in the crowd, so to speak, if it doesn't have a note -- I could just as easily flip through a magazine if I wanted to see random photos of people and kids.

Then again, I'm the type that does handmade cards with personalized letters written specifically for the person. And if the person isn't worth that trouble, then I probably wouldn't send them a card in the first place.

:iagree: Even if it's a photo card, these are just faces in the crowd, so to speak, if it doesn't have a note -- I could just as easily flip through a magazine if I wanted to see random photos of people and kids.

Then again, I'm the type that does handmade cards with personalized letters written specifically for the person. And if the person isn't worth that trouble, then I probably wouldn't send them a card in the first place.

Opening cards today, there was one with a return address we didn't recognize. We opened it, and found it to be a photocard of a family with the name printed on it.

16yo dd: Who are they?

Me: I have no clue. For all I know they flipped open the phone book, picked our name at random and mailed us a card.

16yo dd starts laughing: Hey, do we have any left over cards? Can we do that? Because it would be a really great way to mess with someone's mind.

Seriously, if these people had written a simple line like "Thanks for your plumbing business" or "Enjoyed getting to know you at that retreat this fall" or "Looking forward to another great year of working together" or SOMETHING it would've helped immensely. And it wouldn't have taken that long.

Dh travels. Perhaps sometime when he's home I can ask him. Or maybe I'll forget, because I don't know if these people are important to him either. Or maybe it's someone who's just messing with us who picked out our name from the phonebook.

Opening cards today, there was one with a return address we didn't recognize. We opened it, and found it to be a photocard of a family with the name printed on it.

16yo dd: Who are they?

Me: I have no clue. For all I know they flipped open the phone book, picked our name at random and mailed us a card.

16yo dd starts laughing: Hey, do we have any left over cards? Can we do that? Because it would be a really great way to mess with someone's mind.

Seriously, if these people had written a simple line like "Thanks for your plumbing business" or "Enjoyed getting to know you at that retreat this fall" or "Looking forward to another great year of working together" or SOMETHING it would've helped immensely. And it wouldn't have taken that long.

Dh travels. Perhaps sometime when he's home I can ask him. Or maybe I'll forget, because I don't know if these people are important to him either. Or maybe it's someone who's just messing with us who picked out our name from the phonebook.

Oh gosh that is hilarious!!

The cards to clients and business contacts have our business name on it, and everyone else knows who we are without question. This is what happens when both sets of grandparents are divorced and remarried (a couple times for my mom), there is WAY too much 'family' now that expects cards.