Menu

Random Acts of Kindness Week 4 of 52

We are moving into our fourth week of our Random Acts of Kindness Challenge and it's been great hearing about what you all have been doing!

To reiterate, it doesn't matter how big or how small your Random Act of Kindness is over any given week. The idea is to just improve somebody's life, mood, spirits, week, or day in some way, no matter how big or small. Happiness is contagious. By doing nice things for other people, you're bound to make not just them feel good, but yourselves, too! And by involving the kids, the whole family, you'll be making THEM feel good, and teaching them to do good, too...it's a win/win!

It doesn't matter who the recipient is. It can be a friend, a relative, someone in your own household, a complete stranger, an animal friend. It can be someone truly needy, or truly deserving, or it may be one of those weeks where it is just someone you allow in front of you on the checkout line. Just DO something to brighten somebody's day each week.

I hope you'll join in on this challenge and post to the threads I'll be posting each week to let us all know what you did!

This way, we can offer each other accountability to continue on with the challenge, inspiration as we give each other new ideas, can share fun stories of what we did and how people reacted and so on, and, okay, give each other a little bit of well-deserved recognition, too. :)

This is the place to chat this week, which runs from Sunday, December 11 to Saturday, December 17. Come share your ideas, ask for ideas, tell us about the things you end up doing, comment on other people's stories, and so on.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

I just helped my dh w/ unloading straw into the hayloft....and I have so much to do in the house......:)

Which begs the question, did he help you in the house? LOL just kidding. Actually, I've been making an effort this week to be more cheerful and pleasant with my husband just because. :) (Not that I'm usually unpleasant or anything lol but you know what I mean)!

Taking dd to play Christmas carols for an elderly group's luncheon on Wednesday. She enjoys playing for the elderly and they enjoy having her.

That's sweet!

I helped an elderly lady put her bag up in the overhead compartment of the airplane. But then it was sort of negated by the man who helped me put my much heavier bag up there.;) Or would you say that it was "matched" by him?

Or maybe he saw you help her and decided to help you? ;)

While we were moving, it was early Thanksgiving morning. We (DH and I, the kids were at their Dad's) went to a diner for breakfast.

The waitress was, um, harried. I asked her if she was ok, and she looked around and said that "she had just gotten in trouble because she didn't have a clean uniform, makeup, or her hair done." She had just been at the hospital all night with her daughter, who was 22 with shingles. The waitress had been trying to help her dd get off drugs and out of her "dancing" career.

I asked about recovery "meetings", and asked if she had told the Doctors to be careful what's prescribed (shingles are VERY painful). She started to cry and asked how I knew all this stuff. :grouphug:

I left her a $20 tip.

I purchased 4 pairs of heavy-duty wool socks for a ministry which works with homeless people living in "tent villages" in the woods. New socks (especially good quality, warm socks for the winter) are such a great need. They often get other articles of clothing donated (used), but rarely socks.

This isn't me, but someone in my family.

The kids and I made homemade ornaments where you drip acrylic paint into clear bulbs. DS4 wanted to give his to his Sunday school teacher so I wrapped it up and made sure he was able to get it to her. She was thrilled.

He then decided that he didn't want the other two teachers (they rotate) to be sad because they didn't get an ornament. I went out to the craft store to buy more for him to make.

I am posting just in time, it is technically Sunday, but I don't believe the next day starts until I have been to sleep:lol:

There is a family at our preschool that is having a hard time. People have been gathering food, toys, gift cards etc...

I found out they are having a hard time coming up with rent. We have found a few big things we can cut out of our holiday and are giving them $100 toward their rent.

Nicole

I've been sending a bunch of supportive emails to an aunt who has been going through some rough personal issues lately.

That is always helpful. Sometime being an emotional support for someone is really hard. Remember to take care of yourself while you are supporting her.

I helped an elderly lady put her bag up in the overhead compartment of the airplane. But then it was sort of negated by the man who helped me put my much heavier bag up there.;) Or would you say that it was "matched" by him?

I'd say matched...sounds like a "pay it forward" kinda thing.