Menu

Infant nephew in ICU (CC)

My week-old nephew is in neonatal ICU. He has had breathing problems, temperature control problems, and now seems to have a viral infection. He's under 5 lbs. It's a huge emotional roller coaster for my brother and his wife, who are staying there at the hospital to be close to him, and on their toddler, who is staying with other relatives. They are trying to trust God, but this is pretty scary for them. Prayers for their baby and for the rest of them would be much appreciated. Thank you!

God bless you and your family. May their guardian angels protect them all.

My youngest dd was a NICU baby. We actually lived in hospital for three wks. She had respiratory issues too, she was seven wks. early. But she is great and did fine since she got out of hospital twelve yrs. ago.

Jeannette:grouphug:

My week-old nephew is in neonatal ICU. He has had breathing problems, temperature control problems, and now seems to have a viral infection. He's under 5 lbs. It's a huge emotional roller coaster for my brother and his wife, who are staying there at the hospital to be close to him, and on their toddler, who is staying with other relatives. They are trying to trust God, but this is pretty scary for them. Prayers for their baby and for the rest of them would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Praying right now for the baby's health and their peace.. BTDT and never ever want to do it again.

Having a preemie after having a full term baby is unnerving and emotional for the parents. No mom wants to see her infant in the NICU. The fact that your nephew is approx 5lbs. is great! Do they know what is causing the breathing problems? Is he on oxygen, and if so what percentage? It's not uncommon for small babies to have temperature issues, either. Do the doctors have a game plan for the infection?

I will be praying for your nephew and his family. Please know that I'm asking these rhetorical questions to allow you to have a bit of insight while talking to your DB and SIL. When you're the NICU parents, it feels overwhelming and even the smallest obstacle feels like a catastrophe. (DD had a grade 3 brain bleed and all I heard was "mental retardation" and "paralysis", but the dr never spoke those words. It was my fear translating his diagnosis.)

Praying now...

As a mom of preemie twins (12.5 weeks early), my heart goes out to them. My girls had similar problems and more and they came through it without any long term problems. In fact, the sickest one is now my healthiest.

The whole family will be in my thoughts.:grouphug:

BTDT! My very sick preemie is now a happy, healthy and very large 5yo. She bounced back from a rotovirus infection and 2 weeks in NICU and went on to top out the growth charts. It's stressful but I hope all the postitive stories people have shared can put your minds at ease.