Menu

Looking for Aprons

I usually buy them from Anthropologie: http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/category.jsp?popId=HOME&navAction=middle&navCount=50&isSortBy=true&pushId=HOME-KITCHEN&id=HOME-KITCHEN-APRONS.

I've bought many over the years as gifts, for my kids (the 1/2 aprons), and for myself. They've held up well over the years.

I have one from Sur La Table that I've had for years (also good quality). I recently noticed that they're doing the vintage look, similar to Anthropologie. The weight of the fabric is also similar. http://www.surlatable.com/search/searchContainer.jsp;jsessionid=3D82D23859B1F43C78CFBBFCF488794A?q=apron&s=true

I have an oilcloth apron that I don't use as often, it's on the stiff (slightly awkward) side. But, let's face it, aprons serve a purpose. This one earns its keep. :001_smile:

I also have a few vintage aprons I've picked up at yard sales. You can find them at antique malls too. I wear these softer ones to do light house cleaning, they're kind of cozy just to have on.

Mine all have pockets. I love to wear a thin pretty apron with a pocket.

Yes, I have a thing for aprons.. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by helena

I have several of these for marathon cooking sessions

http://www.flirtyaprons.com/

They are adorable and have washed up like a dream. The pockets are convenient for the sharpies I need for labeling freezer meals and because the ties go all the way around I can tuck a small dish towel into the tie at my hip and have that with me at all times. Dh thinks they are pretty cute too. ;) I wait for them to go on sale and/ or buy their seconds.

Amber in SJ

I paid nearly that for mine. But it is the cutest apron I have ever seen. And it's surprisingly stain resistant and waterproof, unlike my clothes.

What's it made of? I never knew aprons could be cute until looking through those etsy links yesterday. Some were so cute I'd need to wear an apron over them so they wouldn't get ruined. :001_huh:

Rosie

What's it made of? I never knew aprons could be cute until looking through those etsy links yesterday. Some were so cute I'd need to wear an apron over them so they wouldn't get ruined. :001_huh:

Rosie

I have no idea. The skirt is lined in PUL though. The bib, pockets, straps and the front layer look and feel like cotton gingham, but don't seem to hold stains at all. I bought it a long while ago. It was a trendy fabric... does bamboo feel like cotton?

I have no idea. The skirt is lined in PUL though. The bib, pockets, straps and the front layer look and feel like cotton gingham, but don't seem to hold stains at all. I bought it a long while ago. It was a trendy fabric... does bamboo feel like cotton?

What's PUL? And I don't know if bamboo feels like cotton. It sounds sexier.

Rosie

What's PUL?

Rosie

Poly-urethane laminate. Fabric that's been coated on one side with poly-urethane. It's most often used to make diaper covers and baby bibs. With diaper covers the laminated side is on the back of the fabric, on bibs the laminate is on the patterned side of the fabric. It's nifty.