Menu

While studying ancients, did you assign "Til We All Have Faces" ?

We're doing this with ancients via Omnibus. I've read it and I agree it is very powerful and worthwhile. Read the myth of Psyche & Cupid first to get a foundation for the story.

It brought up many questions, with some answers. Why do we suffer? Is suffering justified sometimes or necessary? How do our actions inadvertently effect others. What is salvation & who does it include?

Both my girls liked Till We Have Faces. We read it through Omnibus I, and many of the readings were "drier," but my girls really enjoyed Till We Have Faces. In fact, my oldest, who likes C.S. Lewis fairly well (but sometimes doesn't like the more heavily allegorical Chronicles of Narnia) really enjoyed it and thought it was one of his best books. Many critics agree!

I may assign this for summer reading. Can't wait to hear Leithart's lecture! I just purchased Heroes of the City of Man to read this summer along with SWB's History of the Ancient World, and The Odyssey, and ....and...and -it all maakes my head hurt! :001_huh:

SusanAR

• 4 weeks later...