Menu

Great Wolf Lodge Easy Menu Ideas?

We are headed to GWL on Wednesday for one night. I was already warned in advance that the restaurant is way out of my price range so I am trying to come up with fairly nutritious and easy things to eat while there. We will have access to a small microwave and a refrigerator. Any ideas? We will be there for one dinner, breakfast and lunch.

Is it close to anything? I would do a casual family family restaurant or fast food for dinner, and then bring muffins, yougurt, fruit and milk/juice or oatmeal for breakfast and either make sandwiches at home or bring bread, peanut butter and jelly (or whatever sandwich fixings your family likes) and a big bag of chips and fruit for lunch.

We have been several times and always take a cooler with sandwich fixins. We usually have grainola bars or pop tart type stuff for breakfast and maybe some fruit. I have also brought those microwave mac-n-cheese cups that you cook in and eat in and toss. (minimizing clean up!) Soup and crackers can be nice too. All the swimming and playing always makes us extra hungry so pack plenty! Oh and we always bring popcorn to settle in and watch tv before we go to sleep. (of course we don't have tv at home so it is pretty novel for my ds) And GWF provides mugs and not just disposable cups in the room, so bring your hot cocoa mix to warm the kids up after the cold trek back to the room.

Have a great time:001_smile:

The others have great ideas but when we went a few years ago they had a really good pizza special with enough pizza to feed all 5 of us and a REALLY REALLY good salad and I think pop and breadsticks. They might offer that for 1 meal.

Sandwiches are good. lots of good healthy snack foods, yogurt, fresh fruit and then some "fun" foods as well.

We just got back from GWL in Ohio, and to give you an idea of what we spent:

Breakfast for 5 the first day was $70, the second day was $60. That included eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, french toast sticks, coffee, tea, and juice brought to our table. We also had omelettes, fresh fruit, danish, etc. from the buffet. The second day the waitress only charged the kids for the cold buffet instead of the full breakfast. We had dinner once in the restaurant, and that was $90 for the five of us, no alcohol and only 1 dessert. We stuck with cheaper items like pulled pork sandwiches, hamburgers, ribs... The following night we ate at Steak and Shake for $30. In the water park, I spent about $25 for lunch for 3 of us. They did have a good deal on a pizza meal, but I don't remember how much it was.

If you plan on letting your kids use the arcade, I would work out limits before you arrive. I myself ended up spending $30 there! I let my son spend $20 a day there as a reward for good behavior while his dad was working so much, and good school work. The tokens go fast!!

Have fun!

We went to the GWL in Charlotte about 1.5 years ago. The dinner menu in the cafe was comparable to Applebees in terms of offerings and price. I did not find it outrageous. Ours had a Dunkin Donuts open for breakfast, which was also reasonable. I don't remember what we did for lunch, but we probably ate at the water park. The GWL in Charlotte is surrounded by other restaurants of every price range too.

We are headed to GWL on Wednesday for one night. I was already warned in advance that the restaurant is way out of my price range so I am trying to come up with fairly nutritious and easy things to eat while there. We will have access to a small microwave and a refrigerator. Any ideas? We will be there for one dinner, breakfast and lunch.

we've done muffins, yogurt, fruit, you can do cold cereal and milk. bread and peanut butter/tuna/sandwich meat. we've done croissants and meat/salad-type filling.

we stopped at costco first to stock up, though we also did restaurant meals, both on and off site. (we've been there three times.)

We did GWL in August with my extended family. There were 22 of us! For breakfast we had:

fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, watermelon)

kefir (it's like yogurt)

hard boiled eggs

Dinner:

Nachos! I made up the meat before we left and just heated it in the microwave.

Brought chips, lettuce, salsa, beans, cheese, sour cream, wraps, guacamole, tomatoes, etc.

Brownies for dessert

Don't forget snacks. Something about swimming makes me ravenous!!! We had all sorts of healthy things - apples, pretzels, carrots and dip, etc.

Whenever we go and stay for a few days, I bring a crock pot and put dinner in the am.

Breakfast and lunch are easy - cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit etc..

Sandwiches or salads and snacks. We tend to pack a lot because the kids are hungry!

We usually do one dinner at the restaurant - ours always has family specials when we go. We usually go off season on non peak days though. We get a family meal for $25 to $30 depending on what we choose - plus drinks.

If we were going for one night, I would take breakfast, lunch and snacks and grab a quick dinner at a nearby restaurant.

we eat at hotels frequently.

I have cooked meals at home and reheat in the microwave.

I have done ravioli. I take some sauce sometimes. My son doesn't alway like sauce. Get a loaf of bread and bagged salad.

I have also done taco meat, and take fixings.

same with bean burritos

baked potatoes and chili.

We take our own food often, due to food allergies.

Cooked food from home to be re-heated, baked potatoes, anything microwavable.

I have a few friends who take crock pots to hotels (they too have kids with food allergies)... I've never done that, but I'm fairly sure some of them have crock potted their way through GWL trips. :)

Whatever you take, make sure you have goodies and fun foods for the kiddos because there are so many opportunities for treats at GWL, you might want to have some special stuff to bribe them back to the room.

They do seem to have some good pizza deals for families, for delivery to the room. So maybe you could plan on supplementing a pizza meal?

Thanks for all the great ideas. Our GW is about 2.5 hours from us and I am not sure what is nearby. We get to go because the grandparents invited us. Since we are really on a tight budget.

I am looking forward to the break and just letting loose with the kids. We have been busting out school since starting in September.

OK. Plan for dinner is baked potatoes(baked at home then reheated) and a crock pot of chili(mostly prepared at home) which we will plug in when we get there. That way we can grab something for dinner on the way home the next day.