Menu

For those who ordered a Kindle Fire.....

But more importantly, you all are going to post reviews and more reviews about how wonderful or horrible or over-rated or perfect they are. RIGHT?

And if you already have an ipad, you will compare the 2 so that those of us who have to decide will know which one. right?

:tongue_smilie:

But more importantly, you all are going to post reviews and more reviews about how wonderful or horrible or over-rated or perfect they are. RIGHT?

And if you already have an ipad, you will compare the 2 so that those of us who have to decide will know which one. right?

:D

Yes please! since I canceled my fire order and am leaning toward a Ipad...

I was considering an iPad, but I'm hoping that the fire will do everything that I need it to do (for a lot less money LOL). I pretty much want to be able to sit on the couch or in bed and check email/Facebook/web sites. I want to be able to shop online. I want to maybe play a few games, get some apps. And of course, read books.

I think that the Fire should be able to take the place of an iPad for me, but we will see.

We are not Prime members as of a month ago when Amazon Mom expired, but I don't recall whether or not we were Prime when we ordered the Kindle Fires.

In any case, we have an expected delivery of November 17. The status of the order was "Not Shipped" yesterday, but it now says "Shipping Soon". So I expect we will get them on Thursday.

Yes, I will post a review. We have two iPad 2s here and now one iPad 1 (that has been opened, anyway ;)). One of the Kindle Fires is a birthday present for MomsintheGarden on Friday. Perhaps she will let me play with it. (Perhaps not. :D)

What I'm wondering is if I order after glowing reviews from the Hive, will it arrive by the end of November? Are there enough for the rest of us without having to wait several weeks?

I hope someone here can us tell if there are just as many wonderful apps for the Fire as there are for the iPad. I waver back and forth and have posted a few threads to sort out everything.