Menu

(Tired) Teachers Lodge 11-7-2011

Good *yawn* morning!

I SO want to go back to bed right now. DH is gone and both kids are sleeping. However, it helps if I'm awake and have had breakfast before the kids so I made coffee this morning! :D The Peppermint Mocha creamer helps, too. ;)

What's for breakfast/lunch this morning? Me: buttered bagel and coffee.

Lunch? leftovers.

Is anyone else's bed calling to them?

Have YOU put anything on YOUR Christmas wishlist yet? What? I have: a Kindle or a NOOK (not color), a dishwasher that works, an iPad, a date with my husband that he plans (including babysitting).

Talk to me! :bigear:

Good morning. I am, in fact, still in bed. My 12 hour work shift yesterday stretched into a 15 hour one because the person after me called off yet again. I work in a hospital in a job considered critical staffing so it cannot be left unmanned. I was beat. I have to get up in a few minutes though because Sweet-pea has an orthodontic appointment.

Lunch? Breakfast? Who knows. I'll play that by ear.

Christmas list for myself? A Keurig coffeemaker and Amazon Prime.

A sleepy good morning to you! I actually still have an hour I could sleep but my stupid body says that it's awake even though I'm still terribly tired.:confused:

Breakfast - 2 eggs, Ezek. 4:9 English muffin, water

Lunch - salad with chicken

Bed calling - are you having auditory hallucinations, Scrap? I might be able to recommend a supplement for that. . .

Christmas list - I'm really bad at these lists. I like lots of things but putting them on a list is such a commitment! I would like some kind of a hanger for my hummingbird feeder that will clamp to our deck railing. That's what I want - hardware!

Bed calling - are you having auditory hallucinations, Scrap? I might be able to recommend a supplement for that. . .

Christmas list - I'm really bad at these lists. I like lots of things but putting them on a list is such a commitment! I would like some kind of a hanger for my hummingbird feeder that will clamp to our deck railing. That's what I want - hardware!

Auditory hallucinations? not this morning. I just didn't want to wake up just yet! But now I'm "fine". :tongue_smilie:

Send me a PM with your address and I'll send you some hardware for Christmas. :D

I'm so tired too. We woke up at 6 this morning so we could exercise. When we got downstairs the clock said 515. Apparently we forgot that if his old cell phone doesn't have service, it's not going to get an update about Daylight Savings. :glare: So we went back to bed for 45 minutes and I woke up tireder (hmmm spell check actually says there's a word called "tireder". It looks wonky to me) than I was at 515. But the morning went so smoothly, I got a shower, DH actually left on time for work with a packed lunch AND having eaten breakfast. Apparently we should have been doing this for awhile now.

We had egg sandwiches for breakfast. Now idea what to do about lunch, we're out of bread. Might have to do pasta again.

I haven't put anything on my Christmas list. I can't think of anything that I want. However, I started going through what I'll be doing for everyone else's Christmas list and starting to get nervous. There's a lot of homemade gifts to be made and they take a bit of time.

I am finally not tired. I went to bed early last night (8pm and asleep by 8:30pm). As someone that battles with insomnia, this is awesome! I feel good today!

Watching hulu, sorting clean laundry, kids are schooling, baby is entertaining herself when not nursing, and middle boy is entertaining younger children (and teaching a few basics of abc's and 123's).

Tired doesn't even begin to describe it. DS woke me up at 5:34 this morning shrieking and bouncing and throwing things around his room. Then DH found DD's favorite lovey outside... in the rain... in a mud puddle. Meltdown ensued.

Breakfast, though, made up for the tired. DH finally found me some peppermint mocha creamer, so I have that in my coffee, and when I posted about my icky morning on Facebook, a friend read it and dropped by with pumpkin spice muffins to cheer me up.

My Christmas list currently has two items on it:

1. A coat that doesn't have stains, holes, and inordinate amounts of cat fur but will insulate me from the snow we will inevitably get.

2. A new spoon rest for my stove because the one I currently have is chipped in about four places and that makes me sad.

We're in recovery mode this morning after flying cross-continent yesterday--me with dd(7) and ds(18mo). Days like today are why coffee was invented. :D --and I am delighted to report I was NOT manhandled by TSA this time, AND they relaxed the rules so kids under 12 no longer have to remove shoes. Except for the mid-air sudden sharp turn as we approached the runway which caused everyone to start losing consciousness, we had great flights and I'm stoked to be home.

Banana and coffee for me this morning, as I'm trying to budget time to go for a run today (sunny and 60, WOW!). But please tell me how it got to be past 12 already?!

My Christmas and January birthday wishlists are staying empty this year, as we're going to WDW in February for me to run the Princess Half Marathon, yahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Training starts today.

So nice to be back at the Lodge! Have a great day, all. :grouphug:

I'm actually doing pretty good today.

I was up late last night planning school for the week (I have GOT to find a better time to do that!), but the kids let us sleep until 7am, so that was nice! And Baby only nursed a few times so I even got largely uninterrupted sleep - bonus!

We got the dishes unloaded, breakfast made, laundry going, and school started on time and finished early - so I'm counting today as a success already.

Breakfast - Cereal

Lunch - Leftover ribs from visiting the IL's yesterday - YUM.

Dinner - Hot Dogs at Sam's Club while we shop. It's a healthy day :lol:

Christmas List for me? Well, I'm looking at new stereo for my iPhone in the kitchen, a necklace from etsy, maybe some brown boots, a TARDIS cookie jar.... just odds and ends that make me smile.

Banana and coffee for me this morning, as I'm trying to budget time to go for a run today (sunny and 60, WOW!). But please tell me how it got to be past 12 already?!

My Christmas and January birthday wishlists are staying empty this year, as we're going to WDW in February for me to run the Princess Half Marathon, yahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Training starts today.

So nice to be back at the Lodge! Have a great day, all. :grouphug:

Welcome back and WOW! A half marathon. You go, girl!

We're all sick here (well, except DH, as usual). However, I was up by 6, made the kids breakfast, washed all the dishes, loaded the washing machine, finished school by 10 am, went to the grocery store, bread store, and the library. Oh, and I threw chicken in the crockpot for dinner. Now we are relaxing after lunch. Wooh! I'm tired writing that!

Breakfast: eggs and whole grain, blueberry waffles

Lunch: hot dogs with peppers/hummus (DS) and peas (DD)

Dinner: Chicken in Vodka sauce with pasta and veggies

Good morning!! I could use some hugs today!

We've acquired a 4 and a 5 year old for a week or so and adding the little back into the family system is HARD WORK!!! Yikes, I've forgotten how NOT fun it is to try to teach school and stop to wipe backsides.

And at the same time, we are celebrating our oldest turning 18 and an adopted son bringing home a girl to meet mom.

So, in one weekend, I've added two little, one adult and a future wife. My head is reeling!

AND.....my boss wants me to work full-time (NOOOooooo) and one kid needs an emergency ortho trip today. Plus, dh works until midnight tonight and I have two hours of advising college students to squeeze in.

None of these are bad things, but, all together, I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Hugs would help!

LUNCH: leftover rice and chicken plus a can of soup and some veggies made a yummy rice hotdish.

Christmas List: I think I want a Kindle Fire and some new house decorations (year round stuff).

Hang in there, ladies! We can do this!!

Granola and coffee for breakfast. I have tons of eggs and planned on cooking, but it didn't happen. 9 yr old was having a morning :( But she is over it now and working.

I envy those of you who finish school in the morning. I just don't know how you do it! We have done phonics w/7 yr old (still not done.) and spelling workbook. She was totally zoning out on the phonics so I sent her for a shower before lunch to wake up!

9 yr old is having a better day. She has done a handwriting "test," R&S composition assignment, corrected a math test from last week and is working on math now. She also did her spelling workbook.

We still have English and math for the 7 yr old and latin for the 9 yr old and today's math for the 9 yr old.

err.. Love mondays.

My Christmas wish list: socks and slippers. Every pair I pull out has holes and I don't have time to mend right now. I wouldn't mind new P.js. and robe, but I don't need them.

Good morning!! I could use some hugs today!

We've acquired a 4 and a 5 year old for a week or so and adding the little back into the family system is HARD WORK!!! Yikes, I've forgotten how NOT fun it is to try to teach school and stop to wipe backsides.

And at the same time, we are celebrating our oldest turning 18 and an adopted son bringing home a girl to meet mom.

So, in one weekend, I've added two little, one adult and a future wife. My head is reeling!

AND.....my boss wants me to work full-time (NOOOooooo) and one kid needs an emergency ortho trip today. Plus, dh works until midnight tonight and I have two hours of advising college students to squeeze in.

None of these are bad things, but, all together, I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Hugs would help!

LUNCH: leftover rice and chicken plus a can of soup and some veggies made a yummy rice hotdish.

Christmas List: I think I want a Kindle Fire and some new house decorations (year round stuff).

Hang in there, ladies! We can do this!!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

YOU hang in there! Goodness!

Good afternoon!

What's for breakfast/lunch this morning? Breakfast was waffles. Lunch was sandwiches and fresh raspberries. Dinner might be leftovers, unless I decide to go all out and make something! DH is working tonight and I have to take ds to his first Boy Scout meeting, so I'm inclined to just serve the leftovers!

Is anyone else's bed calling to them? Actually, I'm not too tired today!

Have YOU put anything on YOUR Christmas wishlist yet? What? For once, I do actually have a Christmas list. My birthday is a couple weeks after Christmas, so it's a combination list! I'd like: a new pair of slippers, new dishtowels, a good oven mitt, and a new pair of shoes (Merrell's). I'd like an ipod touch, but that's more of a "dream list" item and not one that I expect to receive!

Good morning! I'm with you on the yawn ... I went to bed early last night, then woke up straight as a lark around 4am. Then around 7am, I got tired again and went back to bed LOL. Now my day is all screwed up! And I'm still tired!!

I'm not a coffee girl, but we did hit up our Starbucks this morning. I upsized to the venti, thankyouverymuch. Then I ordered a grande on my way out, too, to stick in the fridge because it's the kind of day where I knew I'd need another "hit" right around ... oh, say, NOW :) *sip*

We had Starbucks for breakfast, and we've not yet gotten around to lunch. I've been out of town, so we have no groceries. I called my brother to see if he'd feed us, but he was on-call today and had to go into work. I'm thinking I'm going to just raid his pantry and make whatever he has on hand. I'll leave him some leftovers. I love that this is kosher in my family; I know lots of people who would be all kinds of ticked off if someone (even a relative!) came over and helped themselves to the kitchen.

My bed is not just calling for me, it's screaming like a banshee. Who am I to ignore? I'm in bed now :) I'm going to stay here until the kids come in and bug me to feed them lunch.

I'm not big on Christmas. I tend to buy the things I need, and I'm more of a practical person so I'm not fun to buy for (I'd rather have the steam mop than the pretty earrings, and I'd rather pick out my perfect steam mop than have you guess which one I'd like). My nephew calls me Auntie Grinch. When I finally read that book a few years ago, I laughed because aside from the ending ... it's accurate; that's me.

I always tell the kids that the best gift they can give me is the one that keeps on giving: appropriate, acceptable behavior. They always groan and ask if they can just buy me something instead LOL. I'm always game for Starbucks and Sonic gift cards!

We're in recovery mode this morning after flying cross-continent yesterday--me with dd(7) and ds(18mo). Days like today are why coffee was invented. :D --and I am delighted to report I was NOT manhandled by TSA this time, AND they relaxed the rules so kids under 12 no longer have to remove shoes. Except for the mid-air sudden sharp turn as we approached the runway which caused everyone to start losing consciousness, we had great flights and I'm stoked to be home.

I had two trans-cons in the past week, and BOTH TIME we had crazy pilots at the helm. Must be some weird weather, or some sleepy controllers! Flying is exhausting, isn't it?

We're all sick here (well, except DH, as usual). However, I was up by 6, made the kids breakfast, washed all the dishes, loaded the washing machine, finished school by 10 am, went to the grocery store, bread store, and the library. Oh, and I threw chicken in the crockpot for dinner. Now we are relaxing after lunch. Wooh! I'm tired writing that!

I bow to you. You did more this morning than I plan to do all week. I don't know why it is, but every time we do a time clock change I get all messed up - doesn't matter if I get or lose the hour, it just throws me off track and takes me a week or more to recover!

I am so tired. We had a great, though long and cold day at the Buddy Walk and I was not ready to get up today when the alarm went off. We have just skimmed the surface of school and have more to do but all the laundry (I think at least six folded loads) were put away (the kids at least ... I have piles of folded laundry of mine and dh's so put away still).

Breakfast was feed yourself. I had a peanut butter, banana, coconut milk smoothie and some toast. Lunch ... I think we'll have some leftover rack of pork and potatoes. Dinner ... Hopefully dh will want to cook. I should put some chili in the crock pot but I'm using the excuse that I don't have any cornbread mix as my excuse not to.

I'd rather put on the tv and take a nap. But the baby just woke from her non-nap.

Edited by MyLittleWonders
Typing on the iPad.

Howdy Y'all! I am tired, yet pretty darn buzzed from all the coffee I drank trying to wake up. :D

Breakfast: Coffee

Lunch : Chicken Noodle soup & crackers for kids, nothing yet for me.

So far, we were up & ready at a decent hour, around 8:30, and DS is doing much better at obeying today, with most of the work done! It is 1:36 here, and he only has grammar left!:party:

Lately it has taken ALL DAY.. yes not done until after dinner, simply because he would just do other things, like daydream, sneak off & play DS, misplace books, etc.

On the other hand, it is 1:37 here and DD still has SWR, IEW writing assignment, Grammar and Maps, and she is currently grounded to her room till dinner. :-P

All I want for Christmas is a Laptop, a nice, quick, long lasting one that is nice & tiny.

Edited by lcelmer

breakfast- leftover egg bake. Too much coffee

lunch- leftover egg bake. More coffee

The kids and I did math and then painted about 800 square feet of ceiling and walls. We are taking a coffee break (cause you can't have too much, right?) and then buying more paint to go to the 2nd floor.

Have to get history and latin done before class day tomorrow but we're on a roll.

And we need our house back. It is so.unbelievaby.trashed. Dh texturized the ceilings and floors on the entire 2nd floor and basement Sat and Sun. Everything is a wreck. My poor dd 21 had to scrounge to get clothes to go to work/school today and we were wiping drywall mud off of her as she ate breakfast standing up! BUT. the house is getting done. WOOOP!!!!

Wow! Sounds like you all have been b-u-s-y, busy.

It's now time for a Coffee/Tea/Soda break. This was brought on because I needed to sit down and take a break and really wanted to munch away on something sugar-laden. Since I couldn't find munchies to satisfy, and kept hearing Jean in Newcastle chastising me in my head (there's your auditory hallucination, Jean :D ), when I spotted the cold coffee in the fridge, I thought, "That's it!" So, adding a dollop (or two or three) of peppermint mocha creamer, I sat down to spend some time with all of YOU. :D

Not for long though *sigh* because dishes need to be done and I have to get ready to go to ballet.

I forgot about my Christmas list. I was too tired. ;) And I did take a nap ... my mom came by and sat with the kids (and folded a load of laundry) while I slept. Woo hoo! But, back to Christmas. I usually don't have much on that list, though this year I have an iPhone on my dream list.

Dh and I both need new phones and currently are not under contract, but dh is wanting to milk our current phones as long as possible ... he doesn't want to start a new contract (can't really blame him) and doesn't want the extra monthly expense (can't really blame him there either). So, for now, my dream is an iPhone. If not that, then I'd love some new wooden spoons, silicon spatulas, and maybe some mason jars. Yea ... I either dream big or go for practicality. :lol:

Slow-to-start morning here since ds#2 was not feeling well and was up most of the night (me too) coughing. Hoping tonight is a better night!

Breakfast was cereal and sliced apples for all.

Lunch was leftover shrimp, spinach, and tomato fettucine from dinner last night. Ds#1 was at a play with another homeschool friend, and he went to Wendy's for lunch. I wish he had brought me home a Frosty :tongue_smilie:!

For Christmas, I've asked for new sports bras, a Kindle and Amazon gc's to buy books for it, a new 8-10 qt stockpot, pajamas, iTunes gift cards, and a new veggie brush since my old one is rusting.

Nothing overly exciting going on today at our house... just hoping tomorrow is a healthier day for my little one.

I had two trans-cons in the past week, and BOTH TIME we had crazy pilots at the helm. Must be some weird weather, or some sleepy controllers! Flying is exhausting, isn't it?

Haha! You got that right. I asked the pilot about it afterward, and he actually looked embarrassed, mumbling something about the autopilot shutting off late and having to rush through the turn.... Part of me is still dizzy. :D

If I put a fresh pot of coffee on, will anyone join me in a cup?