Menu

I'm NOT quitting!

While I still have one hour to change our decision, it looks like we're not putting DD in private school, and that I shall be on this high school board for many more years! :D

I can now start ordering new curriculum :lol:

Considering the private school was about 5K per year, for 5 years, plus extra expenses, I can now spend 25K (which we do not have anyway!) in new books! Woohoo!

See original thread

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312964

Can't wait to see what you order.

Laura

The kids have spontaneously decided they want to do Literary Lessons from Lord of the Rings today. I had it sorta planned for next year, but was waiting on the decision. Now they want it right away.

They're having fun with IEW together too. And with MCT. We might throw in Writing with Skills, now that I know I have a few years ahead of me, and not just months. If only the high school levels were available. But that's all right, because neither of them writes at a proper high school level, and I know that. They are showing signs of readiness though. DS is on the tad late, but DD is still middle school, so all is well.

While I still have one hour to change our decision, it looks like we're not putting DD in private school, and that I shall be on this high school board for many more years! :D

:party::party::party:

Whoohoooo!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!! And glad you'll be hanging in there and sticking around on the boards!!!! I feel like you're one of the Moms I'm "growing up with" here. :lol:

I'm also glad that you'll be around the boards for a while longer. I've always enjoyed your contributions.

:iagree:

Your children will have an amazing high school education - they've got an awesome teacher. ;)

:iagree:

Glad to hear it.

dd1 really enjoyed LLftLotR and got a lot out of it, it's a wonderful study.

pm me if there is anything that you're looking at and want to see. If I have it I can bring it up with me when I come to the CBC Sing-in at St Andrew's and St Paul's on Dec 4.

I'm coming to the end of this crazy, stressful but ultimately rewarding homeschool journey. It's been a wild ride :auto:

~Moira

dd1 really enjoyed LLftLotR and got a lot out of it, it's a wonderful study.

.. If I have it I can bring it up with me when I come to the CBC Sing-in at St Andrew's and St Paul's on Dec 4.

~Moira

Oooh! Do you still have LLftLotR? Can I buy it from you? Borrow it? It'd be great to have personal delivery! And to meet you!

I feel like you're one of the Moms I'm "growing up with" here. :lol:

Oh I know what you meant. I remember how I felt when Laura in China put her kids in school.

I'm glad you've found a way through to a solution that makes you happy.

Yup, that's the key thing, to be happy with one's decision. And then to live with the results.

I'm so glad you'll be sticking around! :D

Thank you, to you and to all others. We're in this together now! :tongue_smilie:

It's always good to hear from a math/science type. Canadian doesn't hurt either.

Just too few of us. It's going to be hard where I live, because the govt is getting on everyone's back, and is trying hard to get all high schoolers in school. So very few stick through homeschooling till the end.

The kids have spontaneously decided they want to do Literary Lessons from Lord of the Rings today. I had it sorta planned for next year, but was waiting on the decision. Now they want it right away.

They're having fun with IEW together too. And with MCT. We might throw in Writing with Skills, now that I know I have a few years ahead of me, and not just months. If only the high school levels were available. But that's all right, because neither of them writes at a proper high school level, and I know that. They are showing signs of readiness though. DS is on the tad late, but DD is still middle school, so all is well.

Ooh, please post your thoughts about LLoLR. It's been on my radar screen. We're doing WWS and have exactly the same feelings--wish the high school level would come out ASAP, but we're not there yet. We're doing the first level though.

We visit the local prep high school tomorrow. Fortunately we don't have to make a decision for a while.

Laura