Menu

Trick or Treating Poll

What is the oldest age you allow your children to trick or treat? Post where you live  

1. 1. What is the oldest age you allow your children to trick or treat? Post where you live

• Under age 12
    • 18 and up
    • We don't trick or treat
    • Other (please explain)

We stop at about 15 here, although we saw some kids who looked a little older. I was surprised - when we were kids 12 or 13 was "old" for trick or treating.

I think it's one more example of how adolescence is extending. I think in another decade kids won't be able to drive until they're 18 and won't leave for college until they're 22.

:)

I live in Middle TN and where I live even parents dress up and people will try to give you candy even if you are actively trick or treating. I heard many people say, "Hey, you went through the trouble of dressing up and taking the kids out and everyone loves candy." I would say that we probably have an even mix of adult/teens to kids.

I voted 18 & up - my kids still all trick-or-treat. We go every year with my nieces and nephew and another family group. My niece is the oldest at 17, my ds is 16, and there are several 14 and 15 yos, down to my littlest niece who is 4. The older teens are the ones who really get into the whole costume thing. They put a ton of effort into their costumes this year, and they looked great. I see a bunch of older teens in the neighborhood ToTing, so it's not uncommon. I'm in northern California.

Our cut off would be 12. Teens just seem too old to trick or treat to me. My oldest is ten and we told him he has two more years. Once you're a teen you're old enough to do an odd job/get a job and buy your own candy! :001_smile: Lots of teens trick or treat around here. My neighbor said someone down the street told someone they were too old to trick or treat and wouldn't give them candy on Monday. LOL! That would so be me! We live in SC.

I grew up in Oregon, and I still live here. My last year trick or treating was my senior year of High school, and I fully support that in other kids, as long as they dress up.

Any kid (and through High school you are a kid) who wants to stay a kid, dress up, and go get free candy is good with me.

I still remember my senior year. I got a few strange looks, and two people asked my friend and I if we were a little old to be trick or treating? We just calmly told them, that we would rather be trick or treating than at the party on the golf course where all our class mates were drinking beer. It was funny watching the light bulb go off in their head's. Then they gave us 2 candy bars each and told us to have fun.