Menu

We did it! I am just about finished with dc#1.

Dropping in to share some good news. I miss this place. I'm just too busy to have hardly any computer-fun time.

Our hope has been to utilize various dual enrollment options offered by a local 4-year, state college as soon as our children were spiritually and academically fit.

You might remember me struggling through (typical) teenage boy gunk (lazy, unmotivated, chaotic...driving me batty kinda stuff) so I wasn't sure when that was going to happen...ever (tee hee). Well, with a little help from me, who got a TON of help from the Hive, he's turned into a wonderful young man. Okay, so he also worked hard and simply matured a bit (I am so impatient). He'll be 16 next week. (I am so covered by grace!)

We recently talked about dual enrollment and I told him I knew he was having a great time (team sports, boys scouts) so if he wanted to wait until next fall to enroll, I was fine with that. He said, "I'm ready. I want the challenge." I nearly fell over, and so all I said was, "Okay. Let's make sure we finish up WriteShop." (Then Mom took over Teacher and I called my dearest friends to celebrate!)

Last week I took ds to the college for placement tests. We were hoping he would test into College Algebra, but were unsure b/c he's only about 1/3 into Alg. 2 (Chalkdust) and about halfway through Geometry (FLVS). I was pretty confident in his reading, grammar and writing, so I expected he would test into Comp. I.

He scored highly and cruised into both! I'm so proud of him! He handled the entire process, talked to the necesary persons and told me what I needed to do. He starts Jan. with Speech, College Algebra and Intro. to Music. He'll have 3 classes with me next semester and that will be the end, other than some reading I'll require. ~~~huge sigh~~~

I feel wonderful for me! I wanted to dance around and sing, "I did it!" This is the first major goal in life that I set and completed. That is collectively sad, but independently WONDERFUL!

Homeschooling ROCKS!

You might remember me struggling through (typical) teenage boy gunk (lazy, unmotivated, chaotic...driving me batty kinda stuff) so I wasn't sure when that was going to happen...ever (tee hee). Well, with a little help from me, who got a TON of help from the Hive, he's turned into a wonderful young man. Okay, so he also worked hard and simply matured a bit (I am so impatient)...He handled the entire process, talked to the necesary persons and told me what I needed to do.

This quoted bit gives me so much hope. Thank you for sharing and congratulations!

Homeschooling ROCKS!

Hear, hear!