Menu

Another what are you buying your 13 year old dd for Christmas thread

Maybe we should just post a sticky above with each age group and what we are buying. I am so stumped on my 13 year old dd this year. Even she herself can't think of a thing she wants. She is so busy with gymnastics, school and homeschool group stuff. She plays on her phone, ipod and laptop when she is not contorting her body into all sorts of gymnastics stuff. She doesn't like for me to buy her clothes and I am not keen on gift cards. I have gotten her a few little odds and ends, but I just have no clue what would be an awesome gift for her. Any ideas?

Do you have a tumbling mat at home? I am thinking of getting one for my 7 yr olds (I also have a 13 yr old dd which is why your post caught my attention). For my 13 yr old, I am stumped too. She dances, but doesn't need more dance clothes - or any clothes, actually. I may give her a gift certificate for hair highlights, some jewelry, maybe a teeth whitening kit since she will have just got her braces off. You can see how desperate I am for ideas!!!

We are giving our ds 13 a nice suitcase. We travel fairily often and he travels once a month or so with Bible Bowl and he is embarrassed by his "little kid suitcase".

We want to give him one that will last for a long time. I have an Eaglecreek suitcase that has lasted me for a long time and they repair or replace broken suitcases.

If she enjoys logic you could try this: http://www.mentagy.com/default.asp?pgrm=merchandise

It's a game created by my kids Chess coach. He originally made it to help in chess, but it's a great game. The wooden version is really neat to have and fun to set up. We also have the book so we can take it in the car too. Our whole family enjoys these puzzles.

HTH

Melissa

I'm pretty sure my 13yo dd's entire wish list will be at guitar center. She got a new Taylor guitar in August (we went in halves for it). Before that she was playing on a very cheap entry-level classical guitar. Her new guitar is amazing and we got a great deal on it since it was 2nd-hand.

I know she would like:

banjo

12-string guitar

bouzouki

mandolin

ukelele

If she enjoys logic you could try this: http://www.mentagy.com/default.asp?pgrm=merchandise

It's a game created by my kids Chess coach. He originally made it to help in chess, but it's a great game. The wooden version is really neat to have and fun to set up. We also have the book so we can take it in the car too. Our whole family enjoys these puzzles.

HTH

Melissa

This looks great! Thanks for the recommendation!