Menu

I want my 7000th post to be on a happy note!

So I will post some replies here. If I get any responses to my thread!!!:tongue_smilie:

Dd8 and I had a special mommy/daughter day today. We went out for Chinese food for lunch. I always thought it odd that our favorite, let alone local AND authentic, Chinese restaurant, with all Chinese workers, ignored my dd. Dh had finally agreed to adoption at this restaurant (I saved all the fortunes from the cookies we got that day nearly TEN years ago!) so it holds special meaning to me. Although we started the adoption process intending to adopt from Russia, because dh speaks Lithuanian fluently and sometimes Lithuanian kids end up in the Russian orphanages, we ended up adopting from China instead! I had secret hopes of this Chinese restaurant we frequented somehow being special with/for my dd. I was shocked the first time we brought her into our restaurant and they ignored her! They have ALWAYS ignored her!

Today dd and I went there for lunch. There were all new workers, and our waiter was VERY nice! The owner is an absolute sweetheart. We've only seen her a few times in the many years we've gone to the restaurant. Today she came to talk to us, and she was also very sweet to dd. I was so happy to see this!

While eating, a family came into the restaurant with their mixed race kids. The mom was Chinese, the dad was American. The kids were BEAUTIFUL. Dd8 has told me that she's probably going to marry an American man, so I pointed out the Chinese/American kids and we both admired how gorgeous they were.

After lunch we spent the day trying to shop for jeans for dd. We walked through the mall holding hands and just enjoying our time alone.

On the way home dd mentioned that she had such a fun day with me today. Then she mentioned how nice our waiter was again, and she told me she thought she would like to marry him.:lol::lol::lol:

Has anyone had their 8 yo child ever tell you they wanted to marry someone? My other kids have never done this! I thought it was SO cute. I laughed when she told me this, and then I told her that I thought he was a little too old for her. She agreed.:lol::lol::lol:

This isn't strictly on topic but I just wanted to mention that my best friend in Comm. College is a Chinese adoptee too.

We've started talking of marrying and having kids around the same time and maybe even raising our kids together, hoping the friendship will be genetic :).

Oh, and this friend of mine is a HS grad too :). Happy soon to be 7k to you and I'm glad you had such a great day. :).

This isn't strictly on topic but I just wanted to mention that my best friend in Comm. College is a Chinese adoptee too.

We've started talking of marrying and having kids around the same time and maybe even raising our kids together, hoping the friendship will be genetic :).

Oh, and this friend of mine is a HS grad too :). Happy soon to be 7k to you and I'm glad you had such a great day. :).

what a sweet response. Thanks!!!

Today was one of the FIRST times EVER that dd was in the presence of other Chinese families, and she was happy and content - NOT embarrassed and sad.

:hurray: