Menu

I want some warm shoes to wear with jeans.

I love the Columbia boots but don't want to tuck them in at my age and shape. However, I find tennis shoes and other shoes I have are not very warm. I need some suggestions for some really warm shoes for the winter.

Well, really warm considering I live in the South. I know, I know, we don't really know what cold is but I still want a warm pair.

I got a pair of leather loafers from Naturalizer [can't remember spelling] yesterday. I am excited as I didn't want rain boots, but wanted something that could take a little moisture without getting my feet wet and cold. They also have those Dr. Scholl's things in them, so I will be gellin'. :D They were on sale for $40.

I live in NC too, and I hate having cold feet! In the colder months, I wear Uggs (under my jeans, but I usually wear boot leg or straight leg pants, not those skinny pants) or Dansko clogs with wool socks. At home, I wear shearling slippers from Costco.

I love these Uggs... http://www.zappos.com/ugg-kensington-black

The ones I have are dark brown, with zippers up the back. I can't remember the name, and I can't find them, so maybe they don't sell them anymore.

I love that I don't need to wear socks with my Uggs!

I've found that shoes with thick rubber soles are the warmest because half the cold comes up from the ground. Also, I have a pair of those suede boots that are mid calf length, and instead of tucking them in, I fold my pants up so that the length skims the top of the boot. Don't know if it looks stupid but I won't wear skinny jeans, and those boots are very comfortable and warm.

http://www.target.com/p/Women-s-C9-by-Champion-NIR-Fur-Trimmed-Lace-Up-Winter-Boots-Black/-/A-13493785

Just got some of these at Target - Cute AND warm both! You can't tell from the pic, but they only come up just above the ankle, so great with jeans.

Oh, these are cute and the price is right. Going to check out the Target tomorrow! Thanks.

Have you looked at the Lands End shoes? They have a number of very warm shoes, and if you don't like them, you can return them to a local Sears and save the return shipping.

I actually had a pair that I have literally worn to death. I may go with another pair of them as well. I'm liking all the boot suggestions too.