Menu

Dd is making a pie for our church fair...I want to poke my eyes out.

Well, it's in the oven. The bottom crust was too short, and we did 2 more tries to make a top crust, but finally we just made a totally new batch (3 batches all together) and made the top on.

And my husband is playing around on the new banjo he picked up at the night-before-the-garage-sale set up at church.

He doesn't PLAY the banjo....

I have made a concerted effort this year to let my children cook (while I supervise, being as hands-off as possible) at least once a week. The first day I let them make a whole meal *and* bake (and frost) a cake, dh said to me, "I didn't want to say anything before, but will you admit now that this was a really bad idea?"

roflol.

I'm getting better. And my blood pressure may have been dangerously high for some of the time, but I've recovered. *twitch*

Well, it's in the oven. The bottom crust was too short, and we did 2 more tries to make a top crust, but finally we just made a totally new batch (3 batches all together) and made the top on.

And my husband is playing around on the new banjo he picked up at the night-before-the-garage-sale set up at church.

He doesn't PLAY the banjo....

I hope you drink.

Oh Lord, pls give me patience.

We've already made 3 pie crusts, using my mother's recipe.

:glare::tongue_smilie::001_huh:

I know the feeling. Whoever said cooking with kids is fun?

I've been trying to cook with my 11 year old, and it really tries my patience. I think I probably ought to help him find something really simple, and then I need to get out of the kitchen and let him deal with it!