Menu

Do apple nut cinnamon rolls sound good?

Yep' date=' that will be good. You might want to saute the apples first, to get rid of some of their water, otherwise the rolls might get a little soggy.

You can also use bacon in cinnamon rolls. Super yummy. :)[/quote']

I was thinking of precooking the apples to make sure they'd get completely cooked, but that's a good reason too.

I was thinking of precooking the apples to make sure they'd get completely cooked, but that's a good reason too.

OK, I was picturing the apples in that lovely corn-starch thickened cinnamon/sugar sauce. Or maybe I'm picturing more of a sticky bun with apple/cinnamon/sugar as the sticky sauce.

I might go start baking myself...

I'm thinking of the apples in the cornstarch thickened sauce being spread over the butter and sugar, then rolled up, and baked. After they are cooked, topping the rolls with the usual cream cheese frosting maybe made with some apple juice concentrate so that it is apple flavored too.

I'm thinking of the apples in the cornstarch thickened sauce being spread over the butter and sugar, then rolled up, and baked. After they are cooked, topping the rolls with the usual cream cheese frosting maybe made with some apple juice concentrate so that it is apple flavored too.

I think that is perfect. If the recipe works out well, will you please post it? My family would love this!

I think that is perfect. If the recipe works out well, will you please post it? My family would love this!

Sure.

I use Quiver10's cinnamon rolls but change the filling to Pioneer Woman's cinnamon toast cinnamon-butter mixture. I was thinking of using a bit less butter and add the apples and chopped nuts on top before rolling it.

I'll try to keep track of measurements with the apples since I normally just throw them together. I make them as a pancake topping a few times a month.

How did they turn out?? :drool5:

Sorry, haven't made them yet. It's been a busy day...

1) Got stuff planned in Homeschool Tracker.

2) Got PDF files saved on my thumb drive.

3) Had spines cut off three books.

4) Copied about half of the above three books at a different, cheaper location...over 150 copies.

5) Printed about 150 pages at the library (50 free prints per library card)

6) Went to the grocery store for dinner ingredients.

7) Found out about fraudulent claims on our old homeowner's policy.

8) Called insurance and learned they paid on one of those fraudulent claims.

9) Told ya'll about fraudulent claims.

10) Called old neighbor to see if she remembers anything weird at the old house.

11) Looked for something "put away"

Now it is time to make homemade pizza and salad.

THEN I'll do the cinnamon rolls, which may or may not be ready to eat before tomorrow morning.