Menu

s/o Can Anyone Translate This? (From ps website)

This is copied/pasted straight from our local elementary school's website.

Next week we will analyze some artists self portraits and how they must have perceived themselves when they painted themselves and one of the all time favorite lessons is we will watch an episode of The Twilight Zone, "In the Eye of the Beholder" and discuss in detail the twist of perception of beauty in the end of the episode.
Anyone care to translate and/or edit? :tongue_smilie:

The 'author' is the gifted/talented teacher for 1st-5th grade.

Next week we will analyze some artists' self portraits and how they must have perceived themselves when they painted themselves. We will have one of the all time favorite lessons; we will watch an episode of The Twilight Zone, "In the Eye of the Beholder." Then discuss in detail the twist of perception of beauty in the end of the episode.

Maybe?

I actually printed off the page and am sending it to the principal and superintendent. Bad, I know. But it's Friday night and I'm peeved that I live in an affluent school district with some of the highest tests scores in the state - and this is what a teacher posts on her school website? :tongue_smilie:

Next week we will analyze some artists' self portraits and how they must have perceived themselves when they painted themselves. We will have one of the all time favorite lessons; we will watch an episode of The Twilight Zone, "In the Eye of the Beholder." Then discuss in detail the twist of perception of beauty in the end of the episode.

Maybe?

That pesky punctuation. :lol: Does a kitten still die if an apostrophe is needed but not used?

I actually printed off the page and am sending it to the principal and superintendent. Bad, I know. But it's Friday night and I'm peeved that I live in an affluent school district with some of the highest tests scores in the state - and this is what a teacher posts on her school website? :tongue_smilie:

The real question is whether or not the principal and superintendent realize there is a problem in the sentence.:lol:

"Next week: We will analyze a variety of self-portraits and discuss the artists' self-image [or self-perception?] at the time of creation. As a related lesson, we will watch "In the Eye of the Beholder" (an episode of The Twilight Zone) and discuss the perception of beauty with an emphasis on the twist at the end of the episode."

I hope she doesn't speak to the children the way she writes. I found it read like she was dumbing it down intentionally.