Menu

Romantic Weekend away - activity ideas

Dh and I are going on a much needed romantic getaway. I reserved a beautiful room in a wonderful area.

I plan on eating out, having a picnic, window shopping, go for a hike, intimate time, etc. Anything else I should add to the mix?

I love to read, but dh is adhd, and usually has to go, go, go. I'm worried he'll get bored at times. He desperately needs time away, and I'm hoping he'll be able to turn off his overactive brain during this trip.

So any ideas for me?

Edited by True Blue

Bananagrams? Doing a crossword puzzle together? (Trying to think of some things you can do in the room when you aren't sightseeing or, um, well...you know.

Dh and I are going away in Oct for 3 days to VA. We're going to do some touristy stuff but I planned to bring a game or two, too.

Bananagrams? Doing a crossword puzzle together? (Trying to think of some things you can do in the room when you aren't sightseeing or, um, well...you know.

Dh and I are going away in Oct for 3 days to VA. We're going to do some touristy stuff but I planned to bring a game or two, too.

He loves puzzles. I don't. I wonder if I should get a traveling backgammon set. It has been ages since we played backgammon.

He loves puzzles. I don't. I wonder if I should get a traveling backgammon set. It has been ages since we played backgammon.

That would be good, I think. Since you mentioned the ADHD I thought perhaps engaging his mind would be good. Backgammon can be fun...over a bottle of wine, perhaps? :001_smile:

That would be good, I think. Since you mentioned the ADHD I thought perhaps engaging his mind would be good. Backgammon can be fun...over a bottle of wine, perhaps? :001_smile:

Sadly, we are off alcohol right now. But, I did order a nice Backgammon attache. It is so nice. I'm so excited.

If there's a spa in your hotel. . . you can get a couples massage. I've never done it, but a friend did and said it was fun. At first her dh was reluctant, but then he also got into it.

I'd also bring along brand new beautiful lingerie -- stuff he's never seen before. My dh loves that. And I'd make it a little racy. Too racy and I feel unattractive, but if the lingerie is too conservative my dh just rolls his eyes.

Another idea is to load ipods with romantic or I guess I should say songs for TeA -- a lot of hotel rooms have ipod bases now.

Have a great time,

Alley

If there's a spa in your hotel. . . you can get a couples massage. I've never done it, but a friend did and said it was fun. At first her dh was reluctant, but then he also got into it.

I'd also bring along brand new beautiful lingerie -- stuff he's never seen before. My dh loves that. And I'd make it a little racy. Too racy and I feel unattractive, but if the lingerie is too conservative my dh just rolls his eyes.

Another idea is to load ipods with romantic or I guess I should say songs for TeA -- a lot of hotel rooms have ipod bases now.

Have a great time,

Alley

Got the lingerie, just waiting on the new hosiery from Amazon (love prime!).

We are going to a more rustic themed hotel. Gorgeous, but no tv or other electric devices. I'll find some music for my ipod and grab dd's ipod stereo thingy. We are bringing the laptop to watch dvds if we so choose.

I. AM. SO. JEALOUS! In a very good way! My birthday is next month, and I SO desperately want my husband to take me away somewhere, and just take some initiative, but I don't think it will happen. We have an awesome sitter who could stay in our house (she's 21) with MIL (she lives with us) so no worrying about the kids, just time for US. I don't think it will happen though.

I don't have anything constructive to add..you seem to have it all covered! Enjoy your time away!

I. AM. SO. JEALOUS! In a very good way! My birthday is next month, and I SO desperately want my husband to take me away somewhere, and just take some initiative, but I don't think it will happen. We have an awesome sitter who could stay in our house (she's 21) with MIL (she lives with us) so no worrying about the kids, just time for US. I don't think it will happen though.

I don't have anything constructive to add..you seem to have it all covered! Enjoy your time away!

This was all my idea. Dh is so burnt out and needs a time away and we never go away together.

Bring it up to your dh. If you have a sitter that is half the battle. Tell him you want to do it for your birthday. :001_smile:

Dh and I are going on a much needed romantic getaway. I reserved a beautiful room in a wonderful area.

I plan on eating out, having a picnic, window shopping, go for a hike, intimate time, etc. Anything else I should add to the mix?

I love to read, but dh is adhd, and usually has to go, go, go. I'm worried he'll get bored at times. He desperately needs time away, and I'm hoping he'll be able to turn off his overactive brain during this trip.

So any ideas for me?

Would you both like massages? Lots of places have that service now, or perhaps a nearby spa. FWIW, I never thought my dh would go for that, but he really liked it once he did it. We had massages at the same time, in the same room (2 different masseurs). I think that helped with the comfort level of it.

Would you both like massages? Lots of places have that service now, or perhaps a nearby spa. FWIW, I never thought my dh would go for that, but he really liked it once he did it. We had massages at the same time, in the same room (2 different masseurs). I think that helped with the comfort level of it.

I'm going to suggest it when we get there. I'm pretty sure there is a service in the area. I know that right now he'd balk, but after we hike for a few hours I think he'll go for it.

I once asked my dh for all the song titles of music that *ever* sounded romantic to him. :D

I have various iPod playlists. :tongue_smilie:

My dh enjoys spending time in used bookstores, so I always try to make that happen. He loves funky pubs and dark beer. :001_smile:

He adores Jazz.

He likes to sleep in on vacation & doesn't want to rush through a morning.

He likes good coffee. He likes pools and reading by pools. He likes kayaking, but only because I do. :)

Edited by LibraryLover