Menu

Post Count

My post count is so sad after leaving and returning. :nopity:I regret having my membership canceled instead of just taking a break. I look so...new. :tongue_smilie:

I've been on here for something like 2 or 3 years and look at my post count! That's pathetic. :huh:

- - No, wait. I've been involved in so many controversial threads that I've gone from Queen Bee to whatever I am now. Yea, yea. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

I've been on here for something like 2 or 3 years and look at my post count! That's pathetic. :huh:

- - No, wait. I've been involved in so many controversial threads that I've gone from Queen Bee to whatever I am now. Yea, yea. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Honestly, I look at people who have been here a long time but have low post counts as worthy of admiration for having such a high level of self-control. This I apparently do not possess. :lol:

I should say not after adding 171 posts in less than a month. :D

BTW, welcome back.

:lol: To be fair, most of that was before we started school. Plus, I'm 7 months into a year-long deployment and in dire need of adult discourse. I'm tired of being the only rational person in this house. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for the welcome!

Yup - that's how it's done. :D Might also raise the number of people who have you on ignore too. :tongue_smilie:

Sometimes I wish I could see who has me on ignore' date=' but then that would open a whole 'nother can of worms. :tongue_smilie:

Remember the epic thread that got deleted back in the summer of '08? [i feel like an old timer talking about a big storm on the prairie or gold rush or depression :D'] A lot of people lost a lot of posts that day. It was something like, "How in the world does someone get 2000 posts?" I remember reading it and laughing a lot that summer. :lol: Ah well :001_smile:

Another controversial thread I missed?

:001_huh:

Sometimes I wish I could see who has me on ignore, but then that would open a whole 'nother can of worms. :tongue_smilie:

Remember the epic thread that got deleted back in the summer of '08? [i feel like an old timer talking about a big storm on the prairie or gold rush or depression :D] A lot of people lost a lot of posts that day. It was something like, "How in the world does someone get 2000 posts?" I remember reading it and laughing a lot that summer. :lol: Ah well :001_smile:

:lol: That is hilarious.

My post count is so sad after leaving and returning. :nopity:I regret having my membership canceled instead of just taking a break. I look so...new. :tongue_smilie:

Would it help if I tell you I didn't even notice your change in status. You are definitely filed as "oldie" in my mind, but welcome back.:D

I have noone on HERE on my ignore list. However, there is a non-HS forum where one person is just so rude that I put him on my ignore list.

Problem is, anytime he posts I see a "XXX posted but is on your ignore list" when he posts and then I just *HAVE TO* click to see what he said.

I can't help myself!

Dawn

How do you put someone on the ignore list and what does it do? Hide all of their posts on my screen? Not that I want to ignore anyone...just curious:D

I was going to ask you if you'd recently lost a lot of weight :tongue_smilie:

SO the key is not to post too much on any one thread! :lol:

Dawn

I see now that you joined in 2009. This thread was the summer of 2008. It was the quintessential Seinfeld-like thread about nothing, and when they deleted it, so also went the high post counts. [That is iirc. :tongue_smilie:]

Would it help if I tell you I didn't even notice your change in status. You are definitely filed as "oldie" in my mind, but welcome back.:D

Sad but true, yes, it helps a lot. :lol: Thanks!

For the record I had not realized your post count was low! I dont think of you as new.

Thanks! I like to think my good ol' dog Milo just looks so darn handsome, people's eyes are magnetically drawn to the left instead of the right. A little ploy I used to detract attention from the low post count. :tongue_smilie:

I was going to ask you if you'd recently lost a lot of weight :tongue_smilie:

:lol: Sadly, no. DH's R&R starts soon. I've got about 3 weeks to lose some stress weight. Anyone have any tips? :tongue_smilie:

Honestly, I look at people who have been here a long time but have low post counts as worthy of admiration for having such a high level of self-control. This I apparently do not possess. :lol:

:D What do you think of the inverse? Like someone who has been here a couple months but has almost 1000 posts? :lol:

:D What do you think of the inverse? Like someone who has been here a couple months but has almost 1000 posts? :lol:

AKA me in about 6 weeks? :lol:

I can only speak for myself but I will compare it to when a dehydrated person lost in the desert happens onto an oasis. Sips just don't satisfy like gulps. :tongue_smilie:

In other words, I imagine they've found their happy place. :D

:lol:

I can only speak for myself but I will compare it to when a dehydrated person lost in the desert happens onto an oasis. Sips just don't satisfy like gulps. :tongue_smilie:

:) Happy place, indeed. Welcome back. You are an "oldie" to me as well.

Sometimes I wish I could see who has me on ignore, but then that would open a whole 'nother can of worms. :tongue_smilie:

Remember the epic thread that got deleted back in the summer of '08? [i feel like an old timer talking about a big storm on the prairie or gold rush or depression :D] A lot of people lost a lot of posts that day. It was something like, "How in the world does someone get 2000 posts?" I remember reading it and laughing a lot that summer. :lol: Ah well :001_smile:

You mean a thread about getting 2000 posts ended up so controversial that it ended up having deleted posts? :confused:

Wow! I'm intrigued! How did THAT happen? Do tell.....

Oh, wait.....that might get deleted! :tongue_smilie: :lol:

Oh, yeah. I know I'm on all the cool people's ignore list. They peek every once in a while and quote me just to keep me happy.

Who counts as the "cool" people? I honestly thought you were already on that list! Seriously! You, Wishbone Dawn, Jean Newcastle, so many more. *sigh* I feel just like I did in highschool. Peering in the glass, wishing I was cool, thinking I'm being "ignore" ed!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I know this thread is old-ish, but NOW my confusion is cleared up!!! I've noticed so many posts of yours this past week, but was totally confused about your join date. I kept thinking, "I am SURE I have seen this poster around for awhile, but she just joined!!" :lol::lol: