Menu

'Complete Book of United States History' as grade 3 US history intro....

Beth in SW WA

My dds are loving this book. It has short chapters, quick activities and just enough info per topic/chapter. I purchased this at Costco a while ago. Highly recommend for gentle intro to US history for mid-elementary.CBoUSH at Amazon for $10'ish....

We will use this w/ our CC cycle 3 history this year along with a few US History research projects and the lit from BF American (early elementary).

Although entitled 'complete book of us history' -- it is not necessarily complete. But plenty of info for grades 2/3.

I would love to read other feedback regarding this book. Did anyone do a Native American project? Thanks!

"Complete Book of US History": Loved it! Used it along with a lot of the OLDER Cornerstones of Freedom books on individual events in US history. Neither of our DSs ever liked hands-on activities or projects, so no experience with a Native American project. We did read a series of biographies on famous Native Americans (Troll publishers), plus a lot of the books from Sonlight 3 and 4, several of which have Native American protagonists. And, I did think that the book was so cheap and colorful, it would be a great one to cut up as you used it and turn it into visuals and booklets for a lapbook of U.S. history...

Our DSs were 3rd/4th and 4th/5th grades the 2 years we did U.S. History. We also were doing the "Complete Book of U.S. States and Presidents" (made flashcards for each state and pres.), plus the Holling C. Holling books and the Beautiful Feet Geography guide and map pack for our geography along with those above American History resources. Worked great!

Enjoy! Warmest regards, Lori D.

Edited by Lori D.

Our DSs were 3rd/4th and 4th/5th grades the 2 years we did U.S. History. We also were doing the "Complete Book of U.S. States and Presidents" (made flashcards for each state and pres.),

Enjoy! Warmest regards, Lori D.

Hi Lori,

We already cut up our "Complete Book Of US States and Presidents" and made a 5-page lapbook. For this not-so-crafty-mom that was a fun project.

You can't beat these cheap books from Costco. :)

We're using US History, States and Presidents, and Maps and Geography all along with Sonlight Core 3&4. DD really likes them, and they cover some different information than the Landmark book or Story of the USA. I think I paid $14.95 for all three of the Complete books together at Costco?

I'm using it as my spine this year although with the American Girl (Portraits of An American Girlhood) unit study book, many books from SL 3+4 (and some I picked out from other resources, and various art and music tie-ins.

I like how many topics it touches on that we can then expand on using other resources. I don't know how long it'll take us to get through all our activities, but we plan on taking our time & enjoying the whole thing!

I've ordered the workbook for grades 3-5 and plan on using it with Core D instead of Landmark.

So good to hear others have enjoyed this!:001_smile:

Sent you a pm but I'll also ask here. How do you plan to use this book with core D. Core D is sitting on my shelf and I am not fond of Landmark for my 10 yo dd.

Thanks,

Sandy