Menu

Holiday grand plan list week/front porch

Update

Finally got the van vacuumed and washed. Still need to clean interior windows and console.

Front area is pretty much done other than cleaning up flower beds and removing paint from windows. Dh is fixing the brakes on our car, so there is not much else to do other than start next week's list and update those pesky addresses.

http://christmas.organizedhome.com/holiday-grand-plan/list-week

Dh and I got a head start last week. Here's what we've done so far.

Replaced fence that fell during the storm.

Tightened and touch up paint on mailbox.

Pulled dead bush.

Added welcome mat and solar lighting to line flower beds.

Seasonal wreath. Back to school theme. Glued crayons around a wreath form and tied a bow at the top. Used push pins to attach a small chalkboard to the ribbon. Wrote Deut. 6:5 on chalkboard.

Now to vacuum out van, clean up flower beds, remove grass from cement cracks, and lists. Especially addresses.

What are you doing?

Edited by Excelsior! Academy
Updating list

Well, I took everything off the front porch to keep it from blowing away during the tropical storm.

I did buy and pot mums last week. I'll be sweeping things off and finishing the fall decorating one day after school this week.

I like your wreath idea. Sounds cute.

I've done the Christmas Countdown and the Holiday Grand Plan, but this year I decided to try the Houseworks Holiday Plan. It's Planning and Paperwork Week, which is very similar to List Week. I printed the planner pages and will set up my notebook tonight while dh and ds are watching a movie. I'll complete the rest of the assignments throughout the week.

Kristen, I think it's still worth it. Just the purging and cleaning each area of your house one at a time alone makes it worth it. You could just skip the holiday prep parts or just do some of it. Come on over to the dark side. Everyone is doing it.:D

:lol: Well, if everyone is doing it.... I probably should join in! Looks like I'll be sweeping out the cobwebs on my porch this week. And maybe adding a cute wreath as well :)

I had never heard of this before, but it could not be more appropriate for me this year! My DH deploys sometime in November, most likely before Thanksgiving, for six months. I am a bit of a holiday fanatic, but have been worried about how to pull it all off this year as a single parent (who'll most likely be a bit down in the dumps and not wanting to do much more than cry in her egg nog while listening to "I'll be home for Christmas" on a continuous loop ) but who also wants desperately to keep the magic alive for her 6 year old boys.

So Thank You! This may be just the thing to make sure it's all done before I hook the IV up! :001_smile:

I did the back porch during math today.

Swept

Watered, fertilizes and trimmed roses

Front porch tomorrow.

Out of curiosity are there a lot of pages on the site that don't come up well? I was having trouble with several links.

Which pages? I am using a mac and haven't had any troubles. I could give you the gist of the pages you want to access.