Menu

Anyone else looking forward to starting school on Monday?

No, not me. I've been homeschooling for 6 years and this is the first time I don't look forward to starting school. I don't know what it is, maybe because ds is heading into 7th grade and the subjects are getting harder? Maybe because I know I need to get his study skills in order in these two middle school years that I am more stressed?

I really miss my early years of homeschooling....

No, not me. I've been homeschooling for 6 years and this is the first time I don't look forward to starting school. I don't know what it is, maybe because ds is heading into 7th grade and the subjects are getting harder? Maybe because I know I need to get his study skills in order in these two middle school years that I am more stressed?

I really miss my early years of homeschooling....

:iagree: I'm with you. I have a highschooler this year and starting school on Monday is stressing me out! I love doing school...but this year I feel super stressed and super unqualified.

Yep! This is my first year with only one student to homeschool!! One! I'm so excited that I can concentrate solely on my 5th grader. He was slightly overlooked while getting my olders through high school, so now this is his year. I'm planning on having lots of fun! :D

Yes- Monday being when the public school kids go back and we get places to ourselves again. :D

Kidding aside, I'm also looking forward to starting school with my kids here the following week.

As for the boredom over the summer, we've always enjoyed doing SOTW over the summer months, gave us something fun and educational to do, in addition to the regular outings and activities and camps and so on we usually do over the summer.

Diva's been doing school work all summer, so not much is really going to change on Monday for her. I'm waiting on materials for her Anne of Green Gables study, and still have to get my hands on Writers Inc for that.

The Littles will be starting OPGTR in earnest on Monday though.

I *still* have loads of organizing to do, and in depth planning so that Wolf can easily step in and take over once the baby's born.

Eeep!

Yes- Monday being when the public school kids go back and we get places to ourselves again. :D

Kidding aside, I'm also looking forward to starting school with my kids here the following week.

As for the boredom over the summer, we've always enjoyed doing SOTW over the summer months, gave us something fun and educational to do, in addition to the regular outings and activities and camps and so on we usually do over the summer.

The Canada kids won't start school until September so we will have to wait to have the pool to ourselves again.

I think that is part of the boredom problem. We do lots of outings and activities during the school year but none during the summer because places are so crowded.

No, I'm not really looking forward to it, but I really need to get over it. This will be my 17th year of homeschooling, and I have 11 more to go. At this point I'd rather be puttering outside.

I am kind of excited about using WWS, though. And I love how my children get excited about learning things. I'm just cringing at the thought of being inside all. day. long.

Good for you that you are excited about it! Your attitude will transfer, as will mine. That's why I need an adjustment.

GardenMom

We sort of started earlier this month but Monday is when we are going to start the full course load and for that I am excited. The ps kids go back to school Wednesday so there will still be a couple days of kids all over when we start but I don't care. I am babysitting the baby on tues and wednesday for 12 hours each day so that will make it our first time doing the full course load with a tiny one around, so far it's been a lighter load on those days.

We're starting Monday. I'm somewhere between excited and panicked. I don't have half of our subjects planned out yet, and I'm folding in a young kindy and preschooler to our days.

And since I have so much to do before Monday, I decided to reorganize all of our CDs and DVDs today. Because that's going to get my lesson planning done. :tongue_smilie:

The Canada kids won't start school until September so we will have to wait to have the pool to ourselves again.

I think that is part of the boredom problem. We do lots of outings and activities during the school year but none during the summer because places are so crowded.

Ah. We still do lots of field trips and outings over the summer, I just try to never do them on weekends or weekdays that are part of holiday weekends!

And since I have so much to do before Monday, I decided to reorganize all of our CDs and DVDs today. Because that's going to get my lesson planning done. :tongue_smilie:

Heh. Much like making radish-green pesto is going to finish my planning. :)

I am energized about getting back to work. The kid spent most of the summer at academic camps, so he's been working hard, but I'm feeling mentally flabby.

We begin 1st grade on Monday the 29th...well, Monday evening. Don't know what we will do yet though! I do have all of our books and supplies in order and ready to go!

We are going out to lunch on Wednesday with an old co-worker of mine to celebrate the new school year. Going to Friendlys for some lunch and ice cream!!