Menu

I just said goodbye to ds leaving for AF basic training.

I need some support here. It didn't hit me while we were at MEPS waiting for him to leave and even when he hugged me and got on the bus leaving for the airport, I was ok.

But now.....well, I am not doing so good. I have been crying for 1/2hr and I don't really know why. I have known that he was leaving for over a year and knew he wanted to join for almost 4 years. This is just hard.

I bawled my head off for a couple of hours last year when DS19 left for basic. And I'm not even a crier - I hadn't cried like that since my mom passed away 5 years ago!

I think that sometimes there's lots of emotions tied up with seeing your kid go off and be a grown up.

:grouphug: I'm sure it's hard.

I have such a place in my heart for the AFA at Colorado Springs. I don't know if it's a premonition or wishful thinking or what, exactly, but when I visited AFA in April, I felt a strong affinity for it. I can imagine ds11 going there one day.

Big HUGS!

My son will be leaving in November. It has been a very long battle. When he leaves it will be two months shy of two years from when we entered the recruiter's office. He went to MEPS in January (after a big struggle to get him cleared - bone infection when he was 8) and he just got the call a couple weeks ago.

I know it's going to hit me hard, but it has been awful watching him in this limbo waiting for approval, then waiting for a job/slot. He is so ready to go. He needs to go through the transformation that happens in basic.

I feel for you and am sending hugs!

Val

Edited by valkett

I think that sometimes there's lots of emotions tied up with seeing your kid go off and be a grown up.

:iagree:

To me, you seem like a strong woman so you will work through this, but don't try to stuff your emotions away. Let it out when you need to, and that should make the rest of the time a little easier.

:grouphug: :patriot: Thanks to your son for being willing to serve!