Menu

I need to lose weight!! Anyone interested in partnering in this decision??

As I said I have to start losing some weight. It is so hard for me to drop any weight. It took me 3 year to lose 30 pounds because of my metabolism. I do try but I eat badly on the weekends when my kids are at their dads and I'm working. Are any of you still doing Sparks? I did it so many years ago. I would love someone who is in the same boat and wants to lose weight. This way I have someone I can answer to and make myself more accountable to. It would be different if I had a husband or even a boyfriend for that matter. Then I'm sure they would take up the role of helping me be accountable.

It's been a few months since I last posted. How is everyone's summer going?

How is it already less than a month until we start back home schooling???

Thanks for any responses,

Christina

Edited by christina NY
I said it took me 30 years not 3 years

Me!!!

I was on Weight Watchers online last year, and it worked great.

I took a short break from it that got long (ahem), and want to start back on it now. I did creep up a bit during the 'break' but not very much.

I could use a partner, for sure!

Edited by Carol in Cal.

Im looking to start asap!! Ive got to start working out. I would like people to basically answer to. lol. You know how embarrassing it is to say "yeah I ate .....". If we have someone who can say hey why don't you try eating this instead or eating it without the sour cream. Plus it's nice to have someone to give encouragement to you when you feel frustrated because it is taking so long to lose the weight.

Thanks,

Christina

The hCG diet will reset your metabolism, I am living proof of this! Before judging the diet with preconceived thoughts read this link...

http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Simeons-Pounds-and-Inches.htm

"Pounds and Inches" by Dr Simeons. This is NOT a fad diet, it has been around for over 50 yrs. I was very skeptical before going on it, but I am a 100% believer now. I lost 18 lbs the first 20 days I was on the diet.

It is a very strict diet and you have to be 100% committed to it. If you do, you will have amazing success. I am not a spokesperson, I have nothing to gain by anyone doing the diet. After 20+ years of struggling with my weight I have lost 38 lbs. I still have over 50 to go, but I know that I will get the weight off with this diet. I have been able to reset my metabolism and now I can eat 2000-2200 calories a day and not gain an ounce. I am starting round 2 on Sept 6th.

Me, me, me!!! I would love to join a group and have a bit of support. Last summer, I did Sparkpeople and lost 15 pounds. Of course, I gained it all back (and then some) due to stress. BUT...I did it once and I know I can do it...so I am ready to start again!

I actually started back up on Sparkpeople yesterday and since today is day two...so far, so good. I would love the accountability though.

How would you like to do this? Through Spark or here on the boards?

I know people have started groups here but then moved off to yahoo or whatever.

I've been on WW since May and am down 21 pounds as of this week. I flipping LOVE it.

If snyone needs/wants more support, I'd be happy to help out however I can. :grouphug:

I want to lose 20ish more and then start TTCing.

The hCG diet will reset your metabolism, I am living proof of this! Before judging the diet with preconceived thoughts read this link...

http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Simeons-Pounds-and-Inches.htm

"Pounds and Inches" by Dr Simeons. This is NOT a fad diet, it has been around for over 50 yrs. I was very skeptical before going on it, but I am a 100% believer now. I lost 18 lbs the first 20 days I was on the diet.

It is a very strict diet and you have to be 100% committed to it. If you do, you will have amazing success. I am not a spokesperson, I have nothing to gain by anyone doing the diet. After 20+ years of struggling with my weight I have lost 38 lbs. I still have over 50 to go, but I know that I will get the weight off with this diet. I have been able to reset my metabolism and now I can eat 2000-2200 calories a day and not gain an ounce. I am starting round 2 on Sept 6th.

many people have tried this here with great success. Can you tell me how this diet resets the metabolism? I never had weight issues but now in my 40's, nearing 50, I find my metabolism AND my energy sluggish.

many people have tried this here with great success. Can you tell me how this diet resets the metabolism? I never had weight issues but now in my 40's, nearing 50, I find my metabolism AND my energy sluggish.

If you read this link http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Simeons-Pounds-and-Inches.htm it will explain how the hCG works in your system and how your body resets its metabolism. There is a lot to read, so I can't really post it all here lol..

I am on the maintenance phase right now and I can eat 2200 calories without gaining weight. I am on a modified Atkins diet, I keep my carb intake around 100 grams a day and I avoid added sugar. I spent two days in Hershey Park this past week and I ate (for the first time in 2 months) chocolate, french fries, potato chips, a cheeseburger on a bun and cookies. I weighed myself when I got home and was literally the same weight, to the ounce.

I would love the accountability too! I am trying to get back into shape after begging pregnant for 3 years. I have a goal to run the chicago marathon in 2013 too but I'm not fit enough to start a running program over .50 miles. :001_smile: So if you guys will have me, I'd love to join!

I searched for the sparks team but i didn't see it... :glare:

Thanks to Jean for noticing your post!

Yes, it's private and won't show up unless you've been invited to join the team. If you send me a SparkMail message (I'm BamaTanya over there, too) or PM me your username, I can invite you to join us.

Me, me, me!!! I would love to join a group and have a bit of support. Last summer, I did Sparkpeople and lost 15 pounds. Of course, I gained it all back (and then some) due to stress. BUT...I did it once and I know I can do it...so I am ready to start again!

I actually started back up on Sparkpeople yesterday and since today is day two...so far, so good. I would love the accountability though.

How would you like to do this? Through Spark or here on the boards?

Either or for me!! I cant wait. I just joined sparks people. I will pm you my name on Sparks people. I can't seem to find the icon where I can add people. Anyone know where it is? If anyone would like to be added plz PM me and I will send you my addy.

I would love the accountability too! I am trying to get back into shape after begging pregnant for 3 years. I have a goal to run the chicago marathon in 2013 too but I'm not fit enough to start a running program over .50 miles. :001_smile: So if you guys will have me, I'd love to join!

That would be great!! Would you like to join the Sparks ppl?

Just as a side note.. back in the day there used to be a bunch of us

over at Sparks. I don't know that after the past five years or so if there

are any left but it would be nice to find out if they are still there.

That would be great!! Would you like to join the Sparks ppl?

Just as a side note.. back in the day there used to be a bunch of us

over at Sparks. I don't know that after the past five years or so if there

are any left but it would be nice to find out if they are still there.

There's a bunch of us there. BamaTanya is one of our team leaders and can tell you a lot more than I can.