Menu

S/O Of Board Members You'd Like to Meet- To Whom Would You Outsource A Subject?

Math for my DS- SpyCar (Bill) because DS would :001_wub: Miquon and CSMP but I'm too intimidated by those programs.

Math for my DD- regentrude perhaps?

Writing for my DD- 8FilltheHeart

Grammar for my DD- Sharon in Austin to teach using a "structural" approach

History- does SWB count as a board member? :D

Hebrew- Ester Maria

Latin- Plaid Dad (Drew Campbell)

8filltheheart - for her experience & ideology. My homeschool doesn't look like hers, but mostly because of the doubt I have in myself.

Of course, if Drew wanted to come over, I would welcome him in. MichelleinMO would be my other choice to teach latin, because she already helps me. :)

Math and physics- regentrude History-

does SWB count as a board member? :D or TOG with Tina Gilbert or Karenciavo

Hebrew- Ester Maria

Great Books and Life skills to Nan in Mass

Also science with Karen in CO

Shakespeare & Lit with Caitilin (wait, we do that :001_smile:!)

photography- Hen Jen

Animal husbandry- RemudaMom

LoriM offered to teach my children, I may take her up on it with one in particular :glare:

eta: Deb in NJ has often taught ds9 science. I would love it if she took him all the way through 12th grade. (hint if you're lurking Deb :D)

Edited by Karenciavo

Math for my DS- SpyCar (Bill) because DS would ... Miquon and CSMP but I'm too intimidated by those programs.

Math for my DD- regentrude perhaps?

Writing for my DD- 8FilltheHeart

Grammar for my DD- Sharon in Austin to teach using a "structural" approach

History- does SWB count as a board member? ...

Hebrew- Ester Maria

:iagree:

Wow! This is it!! :)

SpyCar for at least younger years... how far up does Bill like Math? Jan would be good for higher... Perhaps my son could have BOTH!

Writing, I'm thinking that if we're putting SWB in here, that she should just do History and Writing :)

Grammar can be taught through language and supplementing when necessary. Perfect... Ester Maria first (this year!) and then picking up Latin with Plaid Dad :)

I'm sure there are others that would be wonderful. I FULLY intend to use others for the upper years, and wouldn't mind even more days at a cottage school to work through materials with a "Master teacher".... I'd love him to learn languages with people who know them. Wait... my dad knows Hebrew... what am I thinking?? :) Funny how you don't think of the people right around you.

:)

Math to Jane in NC or Kathy in Richmond or LoriM

Latin to Ester Maria or latinteach

Logic to Tina in Ouray or Cedarmom's son

Piano skills to Rhondabee or FaithManor

Art skills to an artist whose screen name evades me and who doesn't post here anymore....I think the screen name began with a P, and she posted a lot on the high school board - she went back to classroom teaching, I think

Group lit/history/Bible/theological discussions to ksva's kids

High school science to Janice in NJ, although she'd probably refuse and say she has absolutely no time, lol.

What would I ever do without the help of all the smart WTMers here. I KNOW there are others I could theoretically outsource to - I just can't think of who else right now. I am so grateful for this forum.