Menu

This board is costing me money!

Since I have been on these boards and have gained so much insight and knowledge about all the awesome curriculum that is available, I can't stop ordering what I like. I just ordered 12 more books today and now I am well over $1,000 (of school money) per child.

Thanks to recommendations on this board I ordered

Maps, Globes and Graphs x 2 plus the teacher edition

Kingfisher illus book of Horses Encyclopedia

History Pockets - Native Americans and Explores of North America

The Geography Book

The Complete Book of US History

The Complete Book of US Presidents and States

The American Story - 100 True Tales

The Little Man in the Map

The Little Man in the Map - Capitals

Right Start Math Games - book & CD

Thanks for all the great advice! :lol:

I can relate to that!

I have learned to stay away from the curriculum boards once I've selected my materials for the school year .. or I'll never stop looking or buying!!

So I stay on the general board until the spring when it's time for curriculum shopping and then look out! :lol:

I'm the same way. I thought I had math figured out for my daughter...yeah she's doing better, but not as well as I thought she could be.

I enter the boards, post a question and then was off to buy another book! :glare:

Now to compare.

Though I think I've managed to save a little money here too. Mandarin is the language that my son wants to learn. After asking about a program for that I got some great sites where he can watch videos and do worksheets to match for the next 6 months...it was all free, but it will give us a good spot to start from and see if it's really what he wants to learn without spending a bunch. I'm all for that!

Now to decide on daughters spanish program....ugh...:tongue_smilie:

Yes, this board may be free to join, but it's expensive to be a member of LOL!

However, I'm *so* glad I purchased some of the things that I did. I never would have purchased First Language Lessons if not for this board. And my girls are enjoying that. Same goes for Story of the World.

Then there's the Dancing Bears curriculum for struggling readers. I had never even heard of it! But I got it upon recommendation from members of this board and it's really doing well for my DD7.

I just bought a ProClick P50 last night from Amazon.....because I'd "heard" people from this board talk about how great it is. I can't wait to get it!

I can relate to that!

I have learned to stay away from the curriculum boards once I've selected my materials for the school year .. or I'll never stop looking or buying!!

So I stay on the general board until the spring when it's time for curriculum shopping and then look out! :lol:

I need to try that as I am now becoming curriculum junkie :tongue_smilie:. My dh is a little concern with me because I spent a lot of money in the last two weeks. I am usually more practical but not lately.

I can relate to that!

:iagree:

Tis thread cost me money! :lol: I just ordered the man in the map!

Sorry! I saw that I few weeks ago and I have been resisting but last night it got the best of me and I just did it. I hope the girls are not too old for it but they don't know there states yet so hopefully this will help them.