Menu

Anyone starting 9/6 (day after labor day)

Runningmom80

We decided we would school labor day to memorial day this year for k. :001_smile:

We are all getting excited! How long before the excitement turns to dread? :lol:

We're close. 8 y/o bday is 9/6, so every year we start on the 7th (unless it's a weekend, of course.) Although last year we took a big vacation in October so we started a week early to make up for it.

We will be going two weeks pat Memorial Day though. We wouldn't be able to fit all 180 days in if we didn't. Do you take Christmas Vacation or Spring Break?

ETA: I see you just have little ones. Nevermind. Just have fun!

We are finishing up our six-week summer school this week & will start the fall semester the day after Labor Day.

:auto:

I need a few more weeks to get some final organization done & declutter the house (again). . . . And gear up mentally. *girds loins*

We are starting the day after too. I am really excited for this year but I am still trying to finalize my work schedule so that I have enough money and enough time to teach...it's a hard balance:confused: Not sure what I will do, I have a good job and don't want to risk losing the job but need to find a balance because this is so important to me:001_smile:

We usually start on Labor Day. I am excited about it. I kind of missing doing school with my daughter over the summer (even though we stay busy with tons of other stuff), and this year I'm looking forward to starting K with my son as well!

We are starting on Labor Day... glad to see I'm not the only one. I was beginning to wonder if I am mean! :tongue_smilie: I chose that day because dh is off work, and can help me get them back into the groove of school.

We are starting on Labor Day... glad to see I'm not the only one. I was beginning to wonder if I am mean! :tongue_smilie: I chose that day because dh is off work, and can help me get them back into the groove of school.

lol I don't know why but I just like starting on a Monday, and I like to wait til the summer is over to start, so Labor Day it is. We never do anything special on Labor Day anyway, and the kids certainly get plenty of free time and days off- so they've never cared about starting school on Labor Day. (Plus my husband is off on Mondays, too, and it's nice having everyone home for the first day of school to help out with things and then sort of celebrate a bit together).

We started back 3 weeks ago.

We have decided this year to start year round schooling. The kids grumbled about it for a little while, but are getting used to it now. I am thinking they are going to like it a whole lot better once they have their first week off, while all the other kids are starting back to school. In order to fill the 180 required days for my state, it comes out to 15 days a month for 12 months. So they should have plenty of time off during the month throughout the year, instead of 1 long summer break.

We'll see how it goes :tongue_smilie:

We will start then too, although. . . . we might sneak in and get an extra edge by starting ON Labor Day! haha. Is that bad? My kids don't know really recognize these holidays as "time off" yet and have no expectation that there should be anything other than school on a Monday so I take advantage of that often.

I did find it funny this year when my daughter seemed truly offended to find we were doing school on Valentine's Day! Apparently to little 7/8 year old girls this holiday is a bigger deal than I thought. She expected to have a party of some sort, w/ card & candy exchanges and make heart crafts all day. :-)

• 5 weeks later...

We are starting Tuesday as well, but I would have preferred to start two weeks ago. We usually try to start around the same time as the schools here, but we have been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances having to do with hubby leaving the country. I keep trying to wait till he is actually gone, but he keeps getting delayed...so we are starting Tuesday whether he is still here or not!

I am nervous about having to get more serious with my dd6, but ready to get back into the school routine.