Menu

Dr. Laura, homeschooling, and socialization

I listened to Dr. Laura when dd was a baby. I appreciated how she affirms sahm's. But she often comes off as harsh, and judgemental. When I realised how self-righteous I had become about my own choices, I stopped listening. For me, she was no longer edifying.

Right, but if you need to convince someone else who finds Dr. L a font of wisdom and righteousness, you've got this!

I listened to Dr. Laura when dd was a baby. I appreciated how she affirms sahm's. But she often comes off as harsh, and judgemental. When I realised how self-righteous I had become about my own choices, I stopped listening. For me, she was no longer edifying.

:iagree: I haven't listened to her in years, but then I'm not stuck in DC traffic anymore..:auto:.:confused: I do appreciate her positive opinion of mothering and homeschooling.

提供一个独享百兆端口下的百兆共享端口,翻译公司传输速度更快; 独立静态IP地址; 24小时工程师值班,翻译公随时提供不限次数的从起服务; 负责运送、安装并调翻译公司试接通网络端口; 免费查找分析服务器硬件问题,为您解决问题提供帮助; 提供用户授权翻译公司下及时更换问题服务器硬件(硬件价格参考市场报价); 不限次免费帮用户重装翻译公司系统、软件操作、拷贝数据等授权进入用户服务器操作; 最大并发流量可高达10兆; 提供24小时机房值班,第时间排除问题

:iagree:

My dh works at a university and he hears only positive things about hs kids. They tend to be more mature and focused on their work. It is not only people who know we homeschool that say positive things. Some have made passing comments about a homeschool student in his program.

I posted about this in a thread on the curriculum board. What I saw yesterday in a public elementary school was pathetic. I haven't been in the schools for a couple years now, so I was seeing things in a whole new light. I left with the impression that the kids were in a holding cell. Sitting on the floor, staring at the ceiling, bumbling around, looking bored. In general, just a lot of wasted time. One kid was waiting to see the principal for strangling another kid with a jump rope at recess. This is socialization? :001_huh:

Anita

Ditto...but I'd still listen some if I could. We don't pick her up here (that I know of) and I'm not paying to listen online (that money can go into more school supplies LOL).